Forums Latest Members

A386 serviced back from zenith mothership

1. PKWU Aug 28, 2019

good news!
    after some "communicate"
    zenith sent the tachy ring back!

2. nzshadow Stowaway Aug 28, 2019

That is gret news! You have a beautiful watch that will run now like a dream & you can place the original tachy ring & hands back on as well.

That my friend is the best of both worlds. Congratulations.

Goldencolt likes this.
  3. cristos71 Aug 29, 2019

Wow, I'm really happy for you....I'd have been distraught losing the original tachy ring and probably couldn't have faced wearing the watch again, so good news indeed!

apsm100 likes this.
  4. wristpirate Aug 29, 2019

Great news. Glad the Zenith service centre were able to resolve the issue.

5. Mycroft Aug 29, 2019

I serviced mine directly at the Manufacture and Asked them specifically not to change any original parts or polish the case. Zenith did a beautiful job and only change one broken piece (with they returned).

6. Carl Aug 30, 2019

Such a beautiful watch! But I agree it would be better with the original hands as well. Still, with a watch like that, it is definitely worth the money for the service. But it does seem, as others have said, it is a tricky business getting satisfactory results.
    I love the vintage watches myself, but have never had the courage as you to go ahead, get one, and keep it serviced. I sincerely hope you get all the issues sorted out.

Cheers,
    Carl

7. georgeszaslavsky Sep 1, 2019

never send a vintage watch back to the mother company, the so called restorations are badly done. Sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope you can sort it out. My new Zenith acquisition will go to one of my two favorite independant watchmakers