Forums Latest Members

A WWW Y3303 Military Army Watch is this a part watch should the movemnt be Stainless?

1. DG GW Dec 25, 2016

This is for sale look to good is this really NOS the movement doe not look correct.
    Description Below:
    This is an incredibly rare find out of a military veteran's estate here in Los Angeles. The watch dates to the early 1950s, and is in "Near New Old Stock" condition (NNOS). All parts are original, the finish is just GORGEOUS brush matte stainless as issued. The dial, crown, back, crystal and hands are completely original and the lume is properly yellowed and the lume yellowing matches the dial indicator lume yellowing. As it has been kept in a drawer nearly its entire life, it just looks virtually perfect. You never see original dials this immaculate.
    The crystal and crown has their original Omega symbols on them as well.
    These watches were issued to certain military personnel in Europe, and they were also available for purchase at P.X.s in Europe during the postwar period. This example has its serial number on both the inside and outside of the case back. This may have been an Air Force watch, but I am not sure about that. The buyer should conduct further research on the serial number to provide insight.
    The watch diameter EXCLUDING the crown is an impressive approximate 36mm, and with the crown it is approximately 39mm. Case thickness including the crystal is a robust approximately 13mm. These watches were issued with oversized crowns so that the watches could be adjusted with a pilot's gloved hands - a really smart design enhancement for military applications.
    The crystal has some light surface scratches on it. If you look really closely you might find a few hairline scratches on the case as well, but it is just a nearly flawless case with its original matte finish, almost like Parkerizing. That was because this was a true military watch and they wanted to limit glare flashes.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg s-l1600.jpg
    Etp095 likes this.
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Dec 25, 2016

Have you Googled the part numbers on the watch?

Meant serial numbers, e.g.: 10668840.

Edited Dec 25, 2016
  3. DG GW Dec 25, 2016

Yes
    omega watch 10668840
    and Y3303
    nothing

4. TNTwatch Dec 25, 2016

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Dec 25, 2016

I found five other watches with the same numbers. This franken being one of them.
    The only thing that interests me is the P.A.F. marking on the movement.

6. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Dec 25, 2016

That case looks sand or bead blasted and the "engraving" look like it was EDMed

7. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Dec 25, 2016

What a bullshit story on the listing. Putting aside the issue of the movement, this watch is a mess. The markings are for a W.W.W. specified watch and yet the movement is a center seconds movement, instead of a sub seconds movement. Here are just a few issues:
    1. case is incorrect shape. See for example the tapered bezel, which should be flatter. The finish is also incorrect.
    2. The engraving is etched, when is should be stamped. Also the numbers are incorrect (I can explain by PM if interested, not on the open forum).
    3. Movement should be a 30T2 with a much lower serial number.
    4. crown is wrong.

Etp095, CdnWatchDoc and JimInOz like this.
  8. ulackfocus Dec 25, 2016

Yeah boy! Just put the word "military" in your eBay listing to get the n00bs to flock to it in droves! ::facepalm2:: :confused:

9. DG GW Dec 25, 2016

Thanks guys so much to learn

10. ulackfocus Dec 25, 2016

If you're asking BEFORE you're buying, you're learning already. ;) :thumbsup:

Foo2rama and kkt like this.
  11. DG GW Dec 26, 2016

In deed dodged a super dud!

12. tmw57 Dec 27, 2016

As a big-time lover of Omega WWW's, 53 FA's and TA's, and milwatches in general......this thing offends me.

Seller needs to be called out for the scamming pos that he is.....

13. FullyWound Hasn't discovered decaf yet. Apr 17, 2017

Ill post my www omega later but this is a bodge job of bollocks

watchthisone2 likes this.
  14. FullyWound Hasn't discovered decaf yet. Apr 17, 2017

Also is this your leg or a sofa because if your wearing jeggings mate...

15. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 17, 2017

Jeggings?

:confused:

WTF are jeggings?

16. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 17, 2017

All the rage for the city folk Jim. :taunt:

Surprised you haven't seen anyone wearing them at the cafe getting your latte ;)

image.jpeg

17. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 17, 2017

:eek: they DO EXIST!

So my baggy old kevlar lined jeans aren't the fashion for Vespa riding septuagenarians any more?

Bugger, I'll have to get a pair and see how they look.

Nah, on second thoughts I'll wear my old Levis, they still keep my arse from hittin' the floor.