Forums Latest Members
  1. Jon_Dong Dec 14, 2016

2. Sanmilc Dec 14, 2016

The upper left subdial hand is not supposed to be red as the right one?

3. Jon_Dong Dec 14, 2016

Thanks Sanmilc. Is this something that effects value or should be a concern?

4. davy26 Limited comebackability is his main concern. Dec 14, 2016

I had one of these - nice watch and less 'obvious' than a Navitimer. On mine the sub-dial hand colours were: Upper left - Red; Upper right - Red; Lower - White. If you buy I hope it proves worth it.

5. Jon_Dong Dec 14, 2016

It seems a reasonable deal. I think I'd just have to live with the hands. I do like the 1970s toptimes, Dakotas, transoceans etc

6. Sanmilc Dec 14, 2016

Everything that is not original affects value, also a watch that has been polish will lose some appeal for some collectors that prefer the “survivor” style, I think that hand will not be easy to find because is not a very common watch, value depends in how much it bothers you the hand and how much do you know about the watch, a seller that do not mention the problem with the hand doesn’t know what is selling or is trying to hide info because he really knows what is selling so be careful.

If I were you I would ask for some movement shots, if there are problems outside who knows what is inside… the price is ok but you need to be sure about the movement, etc.

I found a photo of what is supposed to be the movement....a manual Valjoux 7740

breitling trasocvean.jpg
    Edited Dec 14, 2016
  7. Jon_Dong Dec 14, 2016

Thank you very much for this, very helpful

Sanmilc likes this.