Forums Latest Members

A Watch Agent for the rest of us

1. rahilb Feb 9, 2018

Hi OF

I was inspired by @erpin9's posts, he routinely mentions he has a 'watch agent'. I though this was a great concept, a person to search for the watches you want: I would save so much time!

So I wrote a little program to be my own personal watch agent, the program searches eBay for the models I want every 15 minutes or so and sends me an email when a new item that matches is listed. Some friends said they'd like to us it too, so I set it up as a web app it's now available to everyone!

So I would like to present to you Lighthouse Auction Alerts. This is the first time i've presented the site to people who aren't close friends or family, so i'd really appreciate any feedback.

Apologies if posts such as this are not allowed, I realise it probably just comes of as some social marketing BS, but I wrote this tool as a watch collector and I figured other collectors might find use in it too... just wanted to give back to the OF community!

2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 9, 2018

What are the terms and conditions I am signing up too.......:whistling:

3. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Feb 9, 2018

Interesting concept, and clean interface, BUT...

how on earth can you expect customers to agree to terms and conditions that are not revealed?!

4. rahilb Feb 9, 2018

Woops! Nice catch everyone i'll add the terms and condition links tonight! I knew there was something I was forgetting something :oops:

Tony C. likes this.
  5. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Feb 9, 2018

Hook it into gixen and you've got a killer app. :D

6. rahilb Feb 9, 2018

I've added a link to the terms next to the checkbox, thanks again for spotting it!

You can also see them by visiting https://lighthouseauctionalerts.com/#/terms-and-conditions