Forums Latest Members
  1. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 5, 2015

Our recent trip from Melbourne to Paris and beyond highlighted to me the versatility, comfort and ease of use of my travelling companion, the mighty Omega X-33.

Changing time zones was a simple press of the crown, one pusher to engage and one pusher to advance or retard the hands to the correct time zone. No need to try and hack seconds or align hard to see minute markers. The alarm was useful as was the backlight on the rare occasions I used these functions.

However, the increasing age of my X-33, and the fact I didn’t want to risk loss or damage when travelling prompted me to find an alternative, but retaining the features I liked in the Omega, i.e.: Titanium case and bracelet, accuracy, simple “travel” functions and lastly, eye appeal.

After looking at many offerings I happened upon an article on the Citizen Air Wave models in the latest issue of Watch Time magazine. A bit more research and I settled on the model that appealed to me. The Citizen Eco-Drive Men’s Satellite Wave F100. It had a full Ti case and bracelet, a simple legible dial and GPS time accuracy so it ticked all of the boxes.

While not as multi-talented as the X-33, it would give me the features I use on a regular basis and I just liked the look of it.

Anyway, to jump to the chase. My Darlin’ was fretting as she missed showering me with birthday gifts while we were in France last month, so on Friday she bought me an F100 from an outlet in Hong Kong.

RRP in Australia is AUD $2999! :eek: The price from eBay seller “dutyfreeisland” was AUD $1382. I know we should support our local economy, but $1617 worth of support was a bit too much of an ask (better to put it toward another watch).

Ordered on Friday afternoon 02 October, the watch arrived today from Hong Kong, Monday 05 October. Perfectly packed, no damage and no Customs charges, I’m quite impressed with the service from this seller and even more impressed with the watch.

Comfort wise it’s almost identical to the X-33 and although large, it doesn’t overpower my slim but wiry wrist.
    The Ti feels nice against the skin and is easy to keep clean. Dimensions are similar:
    Diameter: X-33 - 44.6mm, F100 - 45.2mm.
    Thickness: X-33 – 14.5mm, F100 – 12.5mm.
    Weight: X-33 – 108gm, F100 – 103gm.

Appearance wise I like the look of the nice clean dial, the skeleton style pushers and the faceted case. I also like the internal time zone ring and the way the hands zoom around during various functions.

In summary, I’m happy with my new “Traveller” and my Darlin’ is happy that she didn’t miss my big day.
    And before I get banned for “no pics”, here you go.

Fellow Travellers

Dials.JPG

View of case thickness

Crowns.JPG

And the new travel beater

F100.JPG

Also a crappy lume shot.

F100Lume.JPG

2. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. Oct 5, 2015

Great write up and cool watch. :thumbsup:

3. lillatroll Oct 5, 2015

Did you not fancy getting the new X-33? Personally I can not live with those dual hybrid thingies, If it is a watch then it is either mechanical or it is digital. Design wise, I do like the 70s omega watch that has both but I would never buy one. One of the great things about watches is that there is something for everyone and I am glad you found one you're happy with, enjoy it :)

4. Audley Yung Oct 5, 2015

The X-33 is a beaut, can't get over the Seiko's gigantic dial.