Forums Latest Members

A tale of outstanding integrity and customer service - Zeppeliner Invest - zeppelinerinvest.com

1. TasMike Oct 24, 2020

This is a story of dealer integrity.

Last week I bought a Universal Genève watch from a dealer in Stockholm. I was happy with the purchase, but, due to circumstances, that I won't go into here, I had to cancel the deal. The next day I emailed the dealer with the cancellation and received this reply:

Now Peter was quite within his rights to let the matter rest at that point and do nothing more - I had ordered the watch, and paid, and he had shipped it - deal done in good faith.

The terms and conditions of his web site stated that the watch could be returned within 7 days of receipt with a 15% restocking fee, so I could accept that penalty and wait for the watch and then return it. This was going to cause me significant expense because not only was I going to pay the 15% fee I would also have to pay the government import cost (10%) before I could return the watch.

Next email from Peter:

Amazing! Peter had nothing to gain, but was willing to make the effort to satisfy the needs of a non-client.

Next email:

I can't even begin to believe the integrity of this man. He had nothing to gain by doing what he did. Imagine if the world was peopled by dealers with this level of honesty how easy it would be to trust.

His web site is: https://zeppelinerinvest.com/

2. JohnWoo Oct 24, 2020

Proves there are good people around.

TasMike likes this.
  3. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Oct 24, 2020

It's good of you to make mention of Peter's efforts here. Hope he sees it.

TasMike, janice&fred and DaveK like this.
  4. Marsimaxam Oct 24, 2020

A truly satisfied customer, and you may be again one day at this dealer, is not the customer who gets what he expects, but who gets more then what he expects.

A client talking about their experience with a business is worth ten times that which the business could ever advertise about itself.

MtV, TasMike and janice&fred like this.
  5. wristpirate Oct 24, 2020

Add the dealers name/site to the title. Will help it come up when somebody searches for their reviews

Mark020, TasMike and janice&fred like this.
  6. TasMike Oct 24, 2020

Done!

wristpirate likes this.