A Swedes journey to Simon Freese part 3-the last one for this year!

Dear Forum Friend!

This is going to be my post nr 1000!
So it gotta be something to remember?
::facepalm2::

But first I must just say/write that this Forum is amazing!
So many people who happily answers question after question and contributes with wonderful stories and adventures!

And often with an open mind and sometimes with ”tongue in cheek”!
A big round of applause to all of you.

Ok - enough with the emotional stuff now, and back to the Head-Lines!

Some of you might have followed my posts regarding going to London and meeting Simon Freese?

Here is a short recap:
I went to London in April this year with my family for a vacation,
and also to visit Simon Freese and drop off three Speedmasters that where in need for service.

I went back to London in Juli for the pick up of the Speedys,
and I had with me two more Speedys for Simon to work on.

Here are links to the posts that I did:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/a-swedes-journey-to-simon-freese.158119/

https://omegaforums.net/threads/a-swedes-journey-to-simon-freese-part-two-the-homecoming.161628/

And later in the summer, I had the opportunity to buy a lovely Seamaster from a Dear Forumfriend,
and he shipped the watch directly to Simon for a service.
Simon kept me updated on the progress and after a few months,
I got an e-mail from Simon that the watches where soon going to be ready!

So time for me to make my plans (again...) for London...
I could only be away for a day, so it was an early flight to London and a late flight home again.

Everything worked out as planned, and I had a lovely time again with Simon.
And of course - SuperHappy with my watches!

Here are lots of pictures, with some comments.
I will try to take some more pictures of the watches, and post these in the future!

Enjoy!

Here is the gang in Juli saying Hi and Goodbye.

IMG_1704 2.JPG

Breakfast for Champs!

IMG_4705.JPG IMG_4702.JPG

A paus before meeting Simon!!

IMG_4736.JPG

Meeting my watches!

IMG_4726.JPG

105-012-66 CB!

3Q2A0293.png

145.012-67!

3Q2A0374.png

165.024-64!

3Q2A0343.png

Bedding them down for the flight home to Sweden...

IMG_4733.jpg

Relaxing in the SUN!

IMG_4723.JPG

And winding down at the airport for the flight home!

IMG_4753.JPG

Like 33
Congrats on the pick up Hans.

I’m sure most of us just do things by Mail. I buy most of my watches remotely and receive them in the mail. When I sell I almost always do it via the internet and ship them out. Even when it comes to servicing I very rarely do it aF2F, again Royal Mail all the way.

It’s in complete contrast to your Jet Set way of watch collecting. International travel, plenty of booze and food vs sitting at home waiting for the postman to appear. I know which one of us has it right and it ain’t me!

Like 10
I'd call that an Excellent Adventure ! Thanks for sharing it with us on the Forum :-)

Like 2
That is quite the collection! I really like the new Seamaster addition.

Like 3
Wow. If you're going to have to give up a Speedmaster spot in your watchbox to make room for a Seamaster, then that is the one! Really a beauty.

And it's hard to imagine a better CB.

So what gets wrist time tomorrow?

Like 3
Hi Hans, this giiiiilt SM :eek: ..... perfect!

Seeing all this ruins my weekend. ;)

happy collecting!

Like 1

I’m sure most of us just do things by Mail. I buy most of my watches remotely and receive them in the mail. When I sell I almost always do it via the internet and ship them out. Even when it comes to servicing I very rarely do it aF2F, again Royal Mail all the way.

It’s in complete contrast to your Jet Set way of watch collecting. International travel, plenty of booze and food vs sitting at home waiting for the postman to appear. I know which one of us has it right and it ain’t me!
Thanks David!

I do sometimes get watches with mail, but mostly I like the pickup,
and also to have a chance to talk to the curator at the auction house.
But service is another deal for me, sending watches back and forth to the UK could be "painful" with the customs...

And you do have a point with the booze!!

Cheers!

Like 1
Wow. If you're going to have to give up a Speedmaster spot in your watchbox to make room for a Seamaster, then that is the one! Really a beauty.

And it's hard to imagine a better CB.

So what gets wrist time tomorrow?
Yepp! The Seamaster might just fit in the Speedy Box!
I do have some more room there,
maybe for a SW, another fine 68 or maybe a 105.002??
;)

And today its the New Yorker...
And yes - we have snow now!

Take care!

IMG_4801.JPG

Like 5

Apart from Hans excellent taste and the social reasons, it also makes a lot of sense on financial grounds for a non-UK to hand deliver to Simon.

There are risks in sending by mail, plus the Customs and taxes involved - since Brexit.

There are procedures for “temporary import/export” which would only hit you for the value of the repair, but it’s a lot of work filling forms, delays etc

Like 2
Apart from Hans excellent taste and the social reasons, it also makes a lot of sense on financial grounds for a non-UK to hand deliver to Simon.

There are risks in sending by mail, plus the Customs and taxes involved - since Brexit.

There are procedures for “temporary import/export” which would only hit you for the value of the repair, but it’s a lot of work filling forms, delays etc

Agree, I’m in the UK and the monumental scandal that is Brexit is a massive pain in the arse for importing/exporting. Perhaps I need to consider flying out for a F2F next time I buy a watch from the EU.

Like 3
Brits wantet and the EU - and left EU ; they voted pro € but never joined. funny historical behaviour....

David - this is the glamour when traveling the "Jet Set" way!

:D

Skärmavbild 2023-12-02 kl. 10.22.18.png