Forums Latest Members

A suggestion for the For Sale section...

1. Greatoldone Apr 7, 2017

Ok - I've only still really just got here. I'm still a noob in these parts (Look! I'm still green!), and don't want to speak out of turn - but a small suggestion:

It would be really nice if the listing title in any of the for sale sections could include the country that item resides in.

I'm sure it's not only me that finds it quite frustrating looking through the offerings, getting excited by a particular listing, with all its pretty pics and reams of explanatory text - only to find that the watch is in "Country A" and you're in "Country B". Meaning it's going to be a complete ballache when it comes to shipping plus insurance and (shudder) handing another large wedge to The Revenue for import duty, tax and 'handling fees'::censored::

Maybe something along the lines of:
    FS: US ONLY - item for sale [item is in the US, and not willing to ship outside the country]
    FS: UK GLOBAL - item for sale [item is in the U.K., and is willing to ship globally]
    FS: NL EUROPE - item for sale [item is the Netherlands, and is only willing to ship to EU]

What do people think? Of course it's down to the forum owners and mods to decide if it's worth while doing, and I certainly wouldn't want to cause ructions...

Cheers

Jason.

2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 7, 2017

While some sellers indicate a preference for CONUS only (for example), many are more flexible with trusted, long term forum members.

adi4, Lonestar and Jwit like this.
  3. longlifegoods Apr 7, 2017

Eh, I think it will be too cluttered. I think the way it is currently is good enough. In addition, I think it's an implicit rule that the shipping risk in on the buyer's end if you want to save on some import taxes ;)

Just my $0.02

adi4, Sculler22, Lonestar and 2 others like this.
  4. kov Trüffelschwein. Apr 7, 2017

I fully agree with @longlifegoods - it's always a matter of discussing and, mostly, how does the conversation start...

Lonestar and Greatoldone like this.
  5. jurisevac@ Apr 7, 2017

In my personal experience,travel for baying is more pleasant and F2F transaction is best way for appraisal and social contact.

kov and watchknut like this.
  6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 7, 2017

PM works fine. The more you talk to a seller the better you know them.
    Most say in the listing ( long time members don't need to as we know where they are located.

This place is a watch forum, selling is a added extra.

Too many lately just want to buy / sell watches

adi4, Sculler22 and kov like this.
  7. Greatoldone Apr 7, 2017

Nope. Just a sincere suggestion, made in the spirit of giving back to the forum that's helped me fulfil my ambition of getting a pre-moon speedie, and kept me from going nuts whilst I'm on extended sick leave from work.

STANDY, blufinz52 and MaiLollo like this.
  8. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 7, 2017

Happy for you to make suggestions. :thumbsup: Most of the people that have a good FS listing have it listed.
    Young @Jwit s current FS listing for hes Zodiac is a pearler of a listing and more could learn from it.

9. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Apr 7, 2017

Why thank you for the compliment and free advertising :D

However @DLT222 did yell at me because I forgot my FS prefix. So I still need some practice.:unsure: