Forums Latest Members
  1. watch3s May 5, 2017

So ive been wearing my aqua terra nonstop since ive gotten it. as a bit of a bad habit, i often unscrew the crown and wind my watches. As I did that with my Aqua terra, there was resistance and a loud click. hopefully this is the automatic work just releasing the extra wind? most of my other automatics are not as noticeable. watch is still running fine

2. OhMegaMan May 5, 2017

Yes there supposed to be a 'click' once an automatic has been fully rewound. I have a few automatics and they all do that. How loud, depends on the individual watch. Some i can barely hear, others will let you know by clicking loud. Now without actually hearing your watch 'clicking', cant tell whether there is a problem. Most likely it is normal. But if it really bugs you, have it look at by a watchmaker.

watch3s likes this.
  3. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months May 5, 2017

Likely the clutch engaging. Auto's have a protection mechanism so the crown (or rotor) can wind without over winding and causing damage.

watch3s likes this.
  4. U5512 May 5, 2017

Yes, it's a bad habit so refrain yourself from doing so. Tape that crown shut so you can't unscrew it....;)

watch3s likes this.
  5. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF May 5, 2017

No the only bad habit is wearing only one watch ALL THE TIME! Get another one in that rotation @watch3s ::rant:

oddboy and watch3s like this.
  6. watch3s May 5, 2017

just bought another omega... itll be the beater of the stable

IMG_0439.JPG
    jcs2000 and Jwit like this.