Forums Latest Members

A short introduction /has pictures

1. Greatpa May 17, 2016

Hi all. Thought I would share my very humble (indeed) collection.. I will try to talk not so much, but would like to show some pictures ::popcorn:: (describtion is under the picture)
    I hope you enjoy, and please see past my use of smileys..
    Also I could not get the pictures to be right, so some are upside down.
    IMG_1708.JPG
    My roll of watches.. Range from Eterna, Tissot, Certina Omega (only 1 :whipped:) to some newer Zodiac, Braun and Swatch. Shot the picures at night, sorry, I could do better.
    IMG_1709.JPG
    Small Eterna (maybe from 1940's?), seldom worn. I think it's kinda cute, but I love the dial. Relumed hands ::shy::
    IMG_1710.JPG Like to wear this with a NATO eventhough it is not a war watch. Get's a lot of wrist time.
    IMG_1711.JPG I don't know about this peice...... :whistling:
    IMG_1712.JPG One of my favorites. Beautiful snowy brown patina on the dial. Has a very special shine to it in real flesh. One of the first DS with the turtle on the back (or at least, that is what I have read ::book::)
    IMG_1713.JPG Recently bought this Omega Chronostop. A bit of mess on the dial. Maybe I will try clean it off some day. Hopefully I will be adding more Omega to the collection soon. Been looking into ordering a Speedmaster Tintin watch.
    IMG_1714.JPG IMG_1715.JPG ...
    IMG_1716.JPG Obviously not the eye of the tiger, but close enough for me ::rimshot::
    IMG_1717.JPG Designed by Ventura, this Braun watch is my biggest watch. I use it for sports and relaxing times.
    IMG_1718.JPG Just had to...::love::
    The last pictures are of my mod wacth box. I bought it as a small briefcase and made the wood for watches with a laser cutter. The pillows was sewed from brown leather, stuffed with wool and run over with some sandpaper, to add the vintage look :thumbsup: very convenient if you wish to transport the whole of your collection!
    View attachment 239044 View attachment 239045 View attachment 239046 View attachment 239047 Thank you for reading. Questions, thoughts and other stuff are welcome!
    I have not yet found out what I would like to collect, maybe I never will. I am not very good at keeping a watch for a longer period of time. I do not see myself as a dedicated collector, I do this for fun (not that collection isn't)
    Glad to have found this forum, and I am looking forward to learning more. (BTW sorry for my bad English :rolleyes:)

IMG_1719.JPG IMG_1720.JPG IMG_1721.JPG IMG_1722.JPG
    Edited May 17, 2016
    red crowned, GregH, ahartfie and 5 others like this.
  2. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise May 17, 2016

welcome to OF! :thumbsup:

3. Greatpa May 17, 2016

Thanks a lot :)

4. ICONO May 17, 2016

Welcome to the Forum !

A very catholic, ( small c ), collection of watches - thank you for showing them

5. Greatpa May 17, 2016

Thank you!
    The fun will be gone, but please explain the joke here ::shy::

6. ICONO May 17, 2016

Catholic ( small c ) just means all embracing, & varied

No joke

Greatpa likes this.
  7. Giff2577 Quick with the tools! May 17, 2016

Thank you for sharing your great collection! Welcome to the forum.

8. Greatpa May 18, 2016

Thanks!
    So much action in this forum ::popcorn::

ahartfie likes this.