Forums Latest Members

A Seriously Gorgeous Sub

1. trackpad May 5, 2016

Incredible. I don't really have anything to add, only that this is a truly stunning piece. And with a truly stunning price to match.

P2120005_zpsj2abgxbi-1.jpg
    He has a few other equally stunning examples for sale. I'm certain if you made a play for all three you could do so with a small discount.

Let's see ($181,000 + $58,000 + $150,000) - 15% = Just a hair over 330K!

watchthirst and CTS-V like this.
  2. omitohud May 5, 2016

They were for sale for like a couple of yrs now if I remember correctly. U buying or selling? [emoji6]

I blame it on the autoconnect.

3. calalum May 5, 2016

The guy must be seriously wealthy to be able to price watches like he does and just hold to those prices waiting (hoping?) for the market to catch up or for a wealthier party to come along and not worry about things like price or value. JMHO.

4. trackpad May 6, 2016

Wealthy or not – there are three reasons to sell these watches, some of which are not only pristine but full-set, museum quality artifacts.

1) Economic
    You want/need (more) money. For some reason undisclosed.

2) Social
    Yep, I know that sounds crazy, but don't underestimate the social appeal. It's why elderly people often choose to go grocery shopping during rush hour – when presumably they had all morning and afternoon free! A deal of this size would require a lot of contact, and would clear out some room in the safe for more watches, initiating even more contact …and with people who presumably share the same passion.

3) Sport
    Thrill of the hunt. Hunting a buyer. Hunting whatever you plan to replace these watches with.

---

I guess some combination of these reasons explain pretty much every watch sale (or every sale?) ever ...but I had to list them to try and get my head around what would bring a man to sell these beauties.

5. DIV May 18, 2016

A agree... Exceptionally attractive!

6. leetse2 May 19, 2016

Amazing watch, just so crisp and clean.