Forums Latest Members
  1. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 17, 2019

I just got home to find this at the front door.

IMG_0675.JPG

Quickly popped inside and opened it up. Wowwwwweeeee!

IMG_0677.JPG

Now who can it be from. I asked Ms JiO, nup, wasn't her.
    I know the girl at the local outlet thinks I'm cute in a sugar daddy sort of way, but surely not Singleton 15YO cute :D.

I'll have to wrack my brains to try and figure out who my generous benefactor is.

Edit, just had to tidy up a potty reference :D.

Edited Jul 17, 2019
  2. rkman11 Jul 17, 2019

Had a similar thing happen to me (granted nowhere near as nice as that bottle!) Came home to find a great old blues album on vinyl delivered to me. No return address other than the online company it was purchased from. No note inside. I’m a vinyl lover, and have a few friends who love it as well. Asked around - no one took responsibility for the kind gesture.

So I just put on the album, kicked back, and enjoyed it. Hope you get a minute to do the same with that sweet sweet nectar!

WatchShopping likes this.
  3. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Jul 17, 2019

To be honest wouldn’t you rather receive some nice flowers? :D

Could be someone who wants to get you drunk and talk you into selling a watch. You need to keep your wit about you and be on your guard.

4. Just Livin Jul 17, 2019

Oooops sorry. Posted to the wrong address. Will DM with the correct address for you to send to :whistling:

5. SG90 Jul 17, 2019

Just waiting for that rohypnol to kick in before I'm round to see that watch collection:whistling:

6. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Jul 17, 2019

Even though I secretly admire you ... it wasn't me.

WatchShopping, JimInOz and M'Bob like this.
  7. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 17, 2019

OK. Using my massive deductive powers (and a hint from the sender two days ago :D) I have identified the generous benefactor.

Not only did he make my day by expressing his gratitude and happiness to see his watches (enough reward for me), he also went above and beyond with a thoughtful gift.

I already thanked you via PM mate, but a public thank you is also warranted.

This place, and the people who make it what it is, make me happy to be a part of it.

JanV, Darlinboy, gostang9 and 3 others like this.
  8. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 17, 2019

Had some issues with a flat car battery a while back and a Bloke stopped to see if he could help, he didn’t have jumper leads as was on he’s way back from fishing and couldn’t help but threw two mud crabs in the back of the Ute for me to use to entice someone to come and jump start me.
    Rang a mate and offered the one good size mud crab to come and give me a jumpstart at which he jumped at the chance.
    2264EE5A-DED4-4214-A985-C1782712B520.jpeg

People surprise you sometimes with random acts of generosity :thumbsup:

JanV, Matty01, JimInOz and 1 other person like this.
  9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 17, 2019

I can understand being excited about a nice gift like that, but honestly that's TMI mate...

;)

efauser, Als 27, Togri v. 2.0 and 5 others like this.
  10. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 17, 2019

Looks like he pooped outside a bit first. :eek:
    1EA5F7E2-7C64-481E-9976-3B2A71307F10.jpeg

efauser, redpcar, Als 27 and 4 others like this.
  11. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Jul 17, 2019

This picture reminds me of this old chestnut; I hope I get it right:

An Australian married couple is scuba diving on a reef.

Suddenly the man realizes his wife is no longer with him. He frantically searches until he runs out of air then he surfaces and goes for help.

The rescue squad takes over and sends the distraught man home with promises of giving him the news as soon as they find her.

Soon his doorbell rings and there are two policemen standing there, an older one and a young bloke holding a bag. The old Sargent says "Well, young Simpson here found your wife in about a fathom of water. She got stuck on the reef and I'm sorry to say she was drowned long before we found her."

The husband breaks down in grief for a while and as he he starts to recover the old Sargent goes on "Cheer up mate, it's not all bad." and he reaches for a bag that young Simpson is holding. "She was covered these swimmer crabs and here's your share. They're some real beauties!"

The husband, confounded, looks in the bag and mutters his thanks.

"And there's even more good news" the Sargent says. "If you fancy another dive in a bit, Simpson put her back down there and we're going back for her in about an hour."

KingCrouchy, JimInOz and BlackTalon like this.
  12. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 17, 2019

Late Autumn leaf from one of the Silver Birches in the front yard Andy. Even the local cats and dogs have learn't that it's very painful to poop on my property ;).

STANDY likes this.
  13. durri70 Jul 17, 2019

Nice history

14. Huus Jul 17, 2019

You 'd better put some Cabot's Intergrain on that deck. The best available on the AU market. It looks like it can do with a coat.
    Your opening post made me think of the Chisel song 'No sense' where Barnesy gets letters from a girl he doesn't know.
    Chisel, they made some great drinking music.

JimInOz likes this.
  15. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Jul 18, 2019

I am not that technical but can’t you just connect the batteries by touching them instead of using jumper leads? If you park really close to eachother you should be able to reach both batteries with outstretched arms. Or using the crabs to extent your reach? ::confused2::

16. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 18, 2019

OK OK OK, first job as soon as summer arrives.

Tell you what, you try it out and let us all know how it goes.
    Try and get somebody to video it for us and then get them to join up and post the results.

:D.

STANDY, Togri v. 2.0 and Alpha like this.
  17. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Jul 18, 2019

I'd pay good money to watch that video :)

STANDY and Togri v. 2.0 like this.
  18. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Jul 18, 2019

5570DC2B-18DD-4061-8B7B-4897521BB786.jpeg

Skrv, Alpha, STANDY and 1 other person like this.
  19. yande Jul 18, 2019

I live by the adage.. "What you give away you get back 20 fold.." and no, I am not religous, just that my work entails giving out free samples to people.. There are a couple here I owe also.. Well done Jim. Warranted.

20. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 18, 2019

Ever licked a 9v battery :whistling:
    Also most 4x4 diesels have high cranking batteries compared to sedan cars. :cautious:

Actually you could leave car A running and take battery out and start car B and then put battery back in car A and then reconnect flat battery to a running car B.
    :thumbsup: