Forums Latest Members
  1. Ravineman Aug 5, 2016

20 years ago I gave one of my sisters my dads old Seamaster after it stopped working. I didn't plan to fix it because I had a lot of watches and she just was happy to have the broken watch. I was helping her out at her place today and she showed me the watch. I had forgotten she had it. It's still broken .... so I offered to fix it for her but she didn't want me to and said she wanted me to fix it and wear it. How could I not !

This was my dads first Omega ( he bought 2 others I wear all the time) and this one was worn a lot by him (and me ) before it broke. It shows the wear but I am going to get it running. I think its from the 50s. Just wanted to show the Omega that started it all for him .... and me.

Seamaster.jpg

ahartfie, OMGRLX, Uniqez and 16 others like this.
  2. Edward53 Aug 5, 2016

Love the Georgian wallpaper dial!

Ravineman likes this.
  3. alam Aug 5, 2016

:thumbsup: looks is in great shape!

Ravineman likes this.
  4. Ravineman Aug 6, 2016

As is clear in the picture, the lugs are chipped and the gold plating is in rough shape. What can be done ( within reason ) to make the watch more pristine ? I suspect the hands can be cleaned up.
    I am not concerned with keeping the watch original as I would never part with it (again)
    Thanks

5. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Aug 6, 2016

It can be refinished (looks like gold-filled to me) if you so choose, just be sure to find a reputable & expert shop to do the work. Let us know where you are located & some suggestion will no doubt flow your way. Dial and hands look great for their age, I wouldn't touch those.

Nice watch and even nicer as a family heirloom.

Ravineman likes this.
  6. Hijak Aug 6, 2016

Ditto, and love that dial!::love:: Have a few of these older Seamasters, they are some of my favorites and get worn often...but none of mine are heirloom, you have a special watch there!:thumbsup:

noelekal, Ravineman and Darlinboy like this.
  7. Ravineman Aug 6, 2016

I would like to find a place and have it replated .... its going to need a full service and repair too.
    I live in Toronto Canada if anyone know a place. Thanks !

8. ChrisN Aug 6, 2016

There is a place in Montreal for the plating. I keep meaning to try them but haven't yet. There is some preparation so your Watchmaker would need do that.

Your best bet for the Watchmaker would be Al, @Archer who is local to you but I don't know if he's taking on new business. Look up here and he is prolific on this forum - perhaps not so much at the moment as the archery is on at the Olympics ;)

Nice story about your watch as well.

Regards, Chris

Ravineman likes this.
  9. Ravineman Aug 6, 2016

Thanks ChrisN ... just sent Al a message now