Forums Latest Members
  1. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 3, 2021

Captain Sir Tom Moore, who raised $57 million for the NHS, dies aged 100 after contracting coronavirus.

:(

Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 18.06.47.png

2. marco Feb 3, 2021

"Can you hear me Major Tom"
    You will not be forgotten.
    RIP.

vintage hab and Jerseyhammer like this.
  3. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Feb 3, 2021

RIP :(

Jerseyhammer likes this.
  4. rob#1 Feb 3, 2021

A true legend, RIP

Jerseyhammer likes this.
  5. Martin_J_N Feb 3, 2021

RIP Capt Sir Tom, you bought a smile to our lives just when we needed it most.

Jerseyhammer likes this.
  6. LuckyLes Feb 3, 2021

I think Captain Sir Tom inspired most of the world when it needed it most. RIP Sir Tom.

7. Paul m Wishes he were an Aussie Feb 3, 2021

What is it about people from Yorkshire that gives them the ability to turn a negative position into positive one.surely a film of his life will be made following in the footsteps of other great feelgood stories from the great county.
    The full monty,Sheffield in 80’s recession.
    Brassed off,Barnsley in the miners strike.
    Calendar girls,North Yorkshire,cancer awareness.
    And the greatest film ever made. Kes. A homage to life in a coal mining community.
    Sir Tom did what no politician ever could,he connected with you.because he was honest and decent.
    A great life,wonderful man.

kkt, ConElPueblo, Marsimaxam and 4 others like this.
  8. Charlemagne1333 Feb 3, 2021

He was an inspiration in mind, body and spirit...

Jerseyhammer likes this.
  9. Jerseyhammer Feb 3, 2021

Yes very said. But think of the positive from his life. He united the country at a very depressing time. #RIP

Charlemagne1333 and marco like this.
  10. neilfrancis Feb 3, 2021

6pm doorstep salute this eve.

Be there, Great Britain.

RIP, Tom. And thank you.

Nathan1967, Charlemagne1333 and marco like this.
  11. TimeODanaos Feb 3, 2021

Served in Burma, raced motorcycles, appeared on a panel game in his 80s, but he was only getting started. A special one from our greatest generation, genuinely missed. Arise, Sir Tom.

kkt likes this.
  12. madjestikmoose Can’t bat, can’t bowl Feb 3, 2021

He was a remarkable man and achieved a remarkable thing, but I am in two minds about this doorstep-clap thing. It might seem like ‘the right thing to do,’ but NHS needs to be funded properly and shouldn’t have to rely on associated charities to afford what it needs. I could have sworn I saw something like that painted on the side of a large red vehicle not that long ago. And this is something that will never happen whilst that incoherent pork haystack and his band of crooks are in charge. The ‘second wave clap-for-carers’ failed dismally and I for one which they’d converted in into a weekly doorstep Boo For The Government.

kkt likes this.
  13. Martin_J_N Feb 3, 2021

Every government since the NHS was created has failed to provide the necessary investment that was required to run it efficiently, and that comment applies to every colour of government. As for the pork haystack well he is a darn sight better than anything the opposition has put up in recent years including SKS.

As for Capt Sir Tom, I'll be there tonight at 6pm giving him a well deserved send off, he provided a positive point of focus for many millions of people during the first UK lockdown. RIP Capt Sir Tom.

marco, kkt and Charlemagne1333 like this.
  14. madjestikmoose Can’t bat, can’t bowl Feb 3, 2021

I’m sure he’ll appreciate it, along with the 100,000+ others.