Forums Latest Members

A round up of 2015 achievements (and a short intro of myself)

1. reficul_x Jan 2, 2016

Hi guys

I am relatively new here, often a lurker than posting. I was very active on forums years ago before I was busy with my own career and well, getting active on Facebook and Instagram (add me on insta if you like; jackwongyf) as these are fast and easy apps for me to play around just to take that breather off work.

I started mainly with Seikos and Omegas more than 10 years ago before embarking into all sort of brands, but mainly still into vintages. I also do my own watch restoration as a hobby, mainly for my own watches. I repair simple chronographs to fixing case issues etc.

So much intro for now, and I think 2015 has been one of the most wonderful year for me and I was able to fulfill some of my want list for the longest time.

Here's what 2015 treated me, hope you like them too. :)

Some of the rarest find would be:

1) finding that 2 super illusive Seawolves, the other offerings from Zodiac that made the first modern divers in 1954. The black one is truly rare. So far, I only know of another collector (the owner of the Zodiac forum) that has the black one. And the white one is literally almost nearly NOS and is very rare on its own.

2) completing my crazy love for the Seiko "Monaco" series. The unicorn 7016 blue on silver is probably the only 2-3 pieces ever found. No idea why it is so rare and I once thought they only appear on the original catalogue. And the 2 other unicorn 7018 in white and purplish blue dial. These rare birds can only be appreciated with fellow Seiko enthusiasts.

3) and a very rare Droz military issued watch for the Royal Australian Navy with the "Breguet" diver dial. This rare bird is by far the only one that ever surfaced. I am still trying to find more info on this one. Dial is still radium and measure high on the geigermeter. Case is the super compression model and has fixed lugs.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

All in all, 2015 has been a fabulous year for me.

Hope you have enjoyed the post so far. Sorry for any typo, this entire thread was posted using my iPhone.

:)

2. JohnSteed Jan 2, 2016

Welcome!

Great entry/intro

reficul_x likes this.
  3. khmt2 Jan 3, 2016

Nice collection! Hope to see some of it at the next GTG in SG! :thumbsup:

reficul_x likes this.
  4. marturx Jan 3, 2016

Hi Jack. Great having you around. I'm sure you can contribute a lot.

DIBS on the A386 BTW :D

reficul_x likes this.
  5. reficul_x Jan 3, 2016

Thank you guys!
    The A386 is a lucky find. It's getting hard to find good examples around.

6. khmt2 Jan 3, 2016

All that in just 2015 is mighty impressive! Dibs on the UG tri compax and Longines 294! :p

reficul_x likes this.
  7. sliceoftime_ Jan 3, 2016

Congratulations on 2105! Really nice collection!

Put me second dibs on the A386!

reficul_x likes this.
  8. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Jan 3, 2016

We really should meet up soon. Have been really wanting to see that Mido centerchrono and the Droz. Wonderful collection. :thumbsup:

reficul_x likes this.
  9. blubarb Jan 3, 2016

Very nice. That SW black dial no date is a very rare bird. Dibs on the DROZ from OZ. ;):)

Cheers from Downunder.

reficul_x likes this.
  10. blubarb Jan 3, 2016

Mine, though not as rare, says hi!

image.jpeg

reficul_x likes this.
  11. Rman Jan 3, 2016

Welcome, love that Droz.::love::

reficul_x likes this.
  12. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Jan 3, 2016

Wow, all that in 2015? Looks like focusing on your career for a while may have been a good investment ! Congrats!

reficul_x likes this.
  13. lwong Jan 3, 2016

I keep seeing this term on IG, "top" - often used (loosely imho) to describe watches in excellent condition. In this case it can be legitimately used, as Jack well and truly has a top collection of incredibly desirable and/or pristine watches. Looking forward to more great and insightful posts!

(BTW what happened to the Nardin, man?)

Lionel

reficul_x likes this.
  14. NT931 Jan 3, 2016

+1 ! Loved your FB and IG pictures, and glad to see you here. And I echo Marcus and Gavin when I say that we should really really get you to come along to the next SG GTG, whenever that may be!

reficul_x likes this.
  15. hendra324 dealer who would rather use aftermarket parts Jan 3, 2016

nice monaco

reficul_x likes this.
  16. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Jan 3, 2016

Please consider that my "old memory" mostly remembers certain watches. It's telling me that you offered a couple of remarkable Omegas a couple of years ago. If my "old memory" is correct; could you please post some old scans of what I think I remember? Thanx, Miki

reficul_x likes this.
  17. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jan 3, 2016

Fantastic collection!!

reficul_x likes this.
  18. alam Jan 3, 2016

Welcome! nice batch of cool Seikos too!

reficul_x likes this.
  19. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jan 3, 2016

Hey Jack,
    Nice to see you more active around here. Still should have bought your 2913 about 7 years ago!
    Mike

reficul_x likes this.
  20. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Jan 3, 2016

HI Jack,

Good to see you emerging from the shadows. Welcome.

reficul_x likes this.