Forums Latest Members

A real gentleman and a Zenith

1. CaptainWinsor Sep 5, 2019

I want to tell our members here about a very positive experience I had with a new member. I also posted in the Seller Profiles

@goedie joined recently and posted a watch in the Zenith forum. I liked it and moved on. I was looking through pics on Instagram and saw some beautiful Zenith pieces from a collector in the Netherlands. Turns out it was him but I didn’t know at the time. Anyway I asked if he was selling any pieces and he was and had one I liked. We agreed on price and I sent payment with PayPal.

He also sent me a Zenith watch display cube, Zenith buckle and a vintage instructional booklet. He then did something only a true gentleman would do, he sent the watch even though PayPal would not release funds until it was delivered. I know a lot of people think that’s crazy and I was surprised myself. Everything arrived safely and he has earned a lot of respect from me. Please don’t hesitate to do business with him, I know I won’t. Here’s the watch

CA9EF3F6-C020-4C80-A259-7B7F522B36D3.jpeg

89-0, Alpha, Tony C. and 14 others like this.
  2. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Sep 5, 2019

Wonderful to take the time to compliment someone. :thumbsup: We are usually all to quick to tell just the bad news.

I had a great experience with @Canuck repairing my spaceview. I developed trust by reading his posts, and never thought twice about sending him (then a complete stranger) my watch for repair. The fact that I could have just sent my watch away permanently didn't sink in until he thanked me for trusting him with the watch. Good people are everywhere

3. S.C Sep 5, 2019

Very nice !

4. Walrus Sep 5, 2019

Nice on both your parts you must be very happy captain Windsor being a Zenith nut

CaptainWinsor likes this.
  5. CaptainWinsor Sep 5, 2019

I am. I think that’s 12 now

Walrus likes this.
  6. JwRosenthal Sep 5, 2019

A stunner! A true testament to they just don’t do them like that anymore.

CaptainWinsor likes this.
  7. CaptainWinsor Sep 5, 2019

Thanks. Now if I could only find a way to get his cal 135. The lottery isn’t working :(

8. Walrus Sep 6, 2019

That dial is really interesting. By the way why did PayPal refuse to release funds until item was delivered. I have not experienced that. I think that would scare off many people.

9. Professor Sep 6, 2019

Beautiful watch. Elegance is the operative word.

PS
    I just noticed how much my SONA case resembles that Zenith case.
    s-l1600 (28).jpg
    Also my Elgin case
    elgin.jpg

Does anyone have information on this case design?
    I'm sure it appeared in many permutations in that general time frame.
    The SONA is a recent version, more like a cheap knock off, but is a copy of a 60's HMT design. Decent watch though.
    German Elgins are late 60's through 70's IIRC.

Edited Sep 6, 2019
    DaveK likes this.