Forums Latest Members

A quick trip to the AD... 41.5 vs 38.5 vs 40mm

1. AngelDeVille Apr 6, 2021

I keep going back and forth on liking the size of my 41.5mm Aqua Terra, so I went to the AD this afternoon, and unexpectedly found a DeVille I don’t think I can live without....

I’m considering trading my 41.5mm AT for a 38.5mm and I think I will be much happier.

I really like the size of the 40mm DeVille compared to the 38.5mm AT. Love the face, hands, bracelet of the DeVille, It may take the place of the DateJust or Ballon bleu I have been pining for.

Left is my 41.5mm AT, middle the 38, and the 40 DeVille

[​IMG]

Edited Apr 6, 2021
  2. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Apr 6, 2021

Very different watches, and the heart wants what the heart wants.

38 mm used to be "the" perfect size for a larger dress watch. It is elegant on any wrist size. I personally think the AT and the DeVille serve to very different purposes and both have a place on any collection. If you have to choose one....then, as I said, the heart wants what the heart wants!!

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 6, 2021

That AT38.5 has a really unique and attractive looking dial and the date at six is a nice addition too

4. AngelDeVille Apr 6, 2021

There is definitely room for both, I have decided for sure the 41.5 is too big, so a 39 Railmaster or 38.5 AT AND a DeVille will be in the collection. I have had Seamasters and a Speedmaster date, and I’m definitely more dressy than divey or racy...

At first glance in the shop window I though it was pearl, but it is metal with a unique design, I like the date at 6 but the round unadorned window looks a little bit on the small side. I’m not sure if I really liked it, but it was the only 38 they had in stock.