Forums Latest Members

A question for you experts

1. Walrus Nov 15, 2019

When people post pics of omegas for questions and you guys rattle off reference numbers and notice if the hands are not correct for the model/year. Can you do this straight by eye and memory or do you look it up and compare other models. I’m just wondering as I’m always impressed with the things you catch. I can catch redials and in most cases real from fake in pictures but that’s about it. I don’t trust my memory enough to know full originality as I’ve taken a couple whacks to the head over the years, died once, well I guess I didn’t truly die or I wouldn’t be the walrus but revived. Sorry that’s beside the point. I just wonder how you go about it. I understand someone who does it for a living knowing all these but for just a dude into watches it seems like a lot to retain. Perhaps a dumb question but it’s not my first.

2. alam Nov 15, 2019

hang around here young man, be patient and you will learn fast..

:)

Walrus likes this.
  3. Passover Nov 15, 2019

Hi Walrus,

you joined 7 month ago, thats quite a time but I think after 2 or 3 years here on the forum many things get more obvious it think... :)

Keep on!

4. Walrus Nov 15, 2019

Tbh I don’t plan on being able to tell complete originality like when you catch one wrong Chrono hand. I am impressed though