Forums Latest Members
  1. Mmdecapo Dec 30, 2018

I’m a complete newcomer.

I’m interested in purchasing a Planet Ocean that comes with a Titanium bracelet but I’ve seen the same watch with a rubber strap with contrast stitching. Can I buy the strap I’ve seen on the watch separately? I don’t see the strap separately on the Omega Site, or elsewhere.

Second question is, do I have to separately purchase the fasteners (buckle, clasp)?

Thanks.

2. alam Dec 30, 2018

yes, yes..

perhaps is a third party and not an Omega strap..? can you post pictures?

3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 30, 2018

C54015CB-6199-462B-B868-9164357C4955.png

Which one are you looking for?

Personally I’d buy it on bracelet then buy the strap additionally. It’s cheaper and offers the best resale options down the road.

Huus likes this.
  4. Huus Dec 30, 2018

To my knowledge Omega does not list their straps separately on their website (except for the NATO's).
    You 'll need to contact the OB or AD in regards to this when buying the watch on the bracelet. And yes, the deployant clasp comes separately, not standard with the strap. Also, as foo mentioned, buy the watch on bracelet and buy the strap and clasp additionally for better resale.

REckroat and Foo2rama like this.
  5. redzer007 Dec 31, 2018

Be prepared for an eye watering price on the strap and the deployant clasp.

That said I see the appeal of the combo.

While I don't have the PO I did pick up the recent Seiko release with a similar colour theme and stick it on an M&N which you may wish to consider

20181231_072032.jpg
    lustrousaurus likes this.
  6. Bernardino Dec 31, 2018

I was in your position a few years back, bought the rubber strap and clasp through an AD which took a couple of weeks.

You could keep an eye out on here as they sometimes come up in the sales forum

7. hbombkid Jan 2, 2019

Prices are high but I always like the OEM look. Make sure you buy on the bracelet though as most straps are like 250 but bracelets are 700 and up. This is what I like about Omega and Panerai nice selection of straps it’s an easy way to show the watch off.

mikekchc likes this.
  8. Mmdecapo Jan 2, 2019

Thanks everyone for the input. It seems like the best bet is to contact an AD (none locally for me regretfully) and inquire about the strap.

Yes, the two pictured above by Foo2rama in the top row are the ones I'm considering.

9. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 2, 2019

Any OB can take your order and mail it to you.

10. dinexus Jan 2, 2019

As others have said, buy it on the bracelet but that's also legitimately one of the nicest OEM straps from any brand that I've ever worn, so it's worth the price of admission. If you buy from an official boutique, if they're not overly generous with a price break, see if they'll throw in the strap at a discount.

11. yinzerniner Jan 3, 2019

The newest rubber straps that Omega makes for the PO series is the nicest they've ever done, however that increased quality comes with a matching price.

FYI, the inner case diameter and lug hole to case dimension hasn't really changed at all from PO generation to generation, so with the 2nd gen to 4th gen straps with the curved/fitted ends as long as the lug widths are the same the straps should fit between generations. The only real difference in the fitment at the lugs is how much rubber will be above/below the lugs, as the case and lug heights vary depending on movement inside. So the 22mm wide 2nd gen straps for the cal 2500 will fit the 22mm wide lugs of the cal 8500 and cal 9300, but will sit a a bit inside the top and bottom of the lugs due to the thicker cases of the 8500 and 9300.

Since the 43.5mm POs have 21mm wide lugs you'd be looking at either the current straps or the ones made for the previous-gen PO GMTs.

duc likes this.
  12. mikekchc Jan 12, 2019

You can also contact the OB - that's where i usually go

13. Gbhulk Jan 16, 2019

Those are sure sharp

14. Skyblue44 Jan 27, 2019

How much is the respective price for the strap and the buckle? And do OBs ever give discounts on straps?

15. KAP Jan 28, 2019

I've found that Omega Boutiques are reluctant to discount on accessories unless purchased along with a watch.

Foo2rama likes this.
  16. Neek U-neek. Get it? Jan 28, 2019

Just called my local OB. I have a Titanium PO 600M GMT (43.5mm case) and think the blue rubber strap would be a nice change of pace from the titanium bracelet. But I'm not really sure if $230 for the strap and another $320 for a titanium deployant clasp are really in the cards. Will ponder this further while I look at online pics of blue POs on blue rubber straps for the next 14 hours.

17. Skyblue44 Feb 2, 2019

Thanks! That is the impression I get as well.

18. BradleyJ. Feb 2, 2019

I would have to disagree. Although Omega doesn't openly display their prices very well and I can't be certain, I've seen clasps go for around $312 and straps up in around that range as well. Yet my AD sells the clasp for $230, and straps vary, but I did just grab a snoopy for $230. I'm not saying these were discounts, but they were cheaper than "listed" prices. For sh!ts n giggles I priced some items (accessories and watches) while on vaca at OBs and the prices were much higher. If the original question was "can you wheel and deal a better price" well then I'd say probably not, but shop around because in my experience MSRP is definitely not set in stone

19. Skyblue44 Feb 7, 2019

Thanks for the tip!