Forums Latest Members
  1. Partihead Mar 23, 2017

Just got a lovely flightmaster, but the (original) bracelet is too big and the last two links apparently can't be removed (took it to the local Omega dealer) because they are jammed in too far. How much do these run and does anyone know of a good place to get one?

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 23, 2017

So you're looking for a different bracelet that's smaller than the original one? Might be worth considering an Omega OEM Mesh bracelet or a rubber strap.

3. Partihead Mar 23, 2017

Thanks for the reply. No, I'm looking for the same kind of bracelet, but just one in which six links total can be removed (i.e., I think I'm looking for a vintage bracelet not a new one, just one that can be adapted).

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 23, 2017

Like I said the best bet might well be the OEM mesh if it goes small enough for you, it was an option back in the day. Aside from that order a few Pizza Hut stuffed crust cheese lovers with double garlic aioli and feta and your wrist might grow to be as big as mine eliminating the problem.

Paedipod likes this.
  5. FREDMAYCOIN Mar 23, 2017

Have you checked the clasp adjustment first?

6. DrBerko Mar 25, 2017

I have the same issue with mine. Although I have removed all the links and also used all the adjustment in the clasp, the fit is still too loose. The issue is that the bracelet has such a dramatic taper that it restricts using all the adjustment in the clasp.
    OEM bracelets are not cheap, I have seen them in the 400-500 range. I have never cared for the mesh, I feel mesh bracelets are for divers, they look out of place on the watch to me.

7. RJwatches Mar 25, 2017

Maybe check with another watchmaker? Allow them to use force :whipped:

8. watchlovr Mar 25, 2017

Post a scan for advice.
    Omega AD's know (or care) very little about vintage Omega.
    I'd be astonished if the links cannot be removed.
    Even solid link Rolex 93150 links can be removed.

9. TomGW Mar 26, 2017

Which bracelet is it? Is it the 1162? I'm just wondering if it's an older bracelet, with screws in the links, and the AD has been trying to push them out. Also the 'non-removable' links can be pushed apart and removed if necessary.

propervinyl likes this.
  10. browncow Mar 26, 2017

11. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Mar 26, 2017

Maybe there's one for sale here ;)
    1. [​IMG]
      MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Mar 11, 2017
      Got these from a friend and really have no use for them.
      The bracelet was originally fitted to a Flight Master, the clasp to a Dynamic.
      Asking $200.US for both with PayPal and shipping, CONUS only, on me.
      What you see, is what you get. Thanx for your "time", Miki
      [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    2. [​IMG]
      MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Mar 12, 2017
      Upon further review:

@uwsearch is correct in both statements. Excluding the clasp, the bct looks exactly like a 1159 that's, with the 22mm ends, usually equipped on the Speedmaster MkIV style cases. It also looks bent and worn out.

The 1153/138 is of different style and usually for the Dynamics.

The whole thing is certainly usable if you keep it, and surely worth something for parts.
    3. [​IMG]
      TNTwatch Mar 12, 2017
      Yeah, the 1159/155 is originally correct for the Flightmaster as well.
    4. [​IMG]
      MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Mon. 8:56am
      Got it all packed up and ready to go. How 'bout someone makin' an offer?

12. MTROIS May 8, 2018

Hello guys. Needed to revive this thread as I have myself a question about the 1159/155 bracelet that is currently installed on my 145.013: are the lugs supposed to be a bit bent to fit the watch or not? It looks so odd that initially thought I would need to source a 1162/172.... but found out that the 1159 option maybe a correct one (still waiting for the Flightmasters only book that I recently ordered...).
    Any picture of a properly installed bracelet would be welcome!!

Thank you all.