Forums Latest Members

A Quartz "Dark Side of the Moon" ...anything's possible?

1. teenagediplomat Oct 16, 2014

2. repoman Oct 16, 2014

Kill it with fire ::blowup::

Seriously though, I've wondered what the ethics are for reporting counterfeits, and does any authority really care? Does saying "replica" get the counterfeiter off the hook?

Fusion and teenagediplomat like this.
  3. teenagediplomat Oct 16, 2014

You'd think it's illegal to sell counterfeit goods.. But I really can't say what the environment of "the internet" in 2014 cares about, in contrast to what the practice has stereotypically looked like in the past..

Joe_Jackson-I_m_The_Man-Frontal.jpg
  4. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 16, 2014

At least put a shitty jap auto movement in there not a quartz!

Fusion and teenagediplomat like this.
  5. Dogmann Oct 16, 2014

Wow that is just horrible but at least it has a rare dot over 100 bezel;)

Marc

Darlinboy likes this.
  6. teenagediplomat Oct 16, 2014

just seeing that they're already repping the DOFTM takes away from it's appeal for me.. that the ceramic case can easily be mimic'd with PVD.. even down to the silly Zr02 dial.. makes the most expensive watch in their current lineup look.. bad

7. proximal Oct 16, 2014

I googled it; you can buy that replica direct from China for about $150. So that seller gets double con points.

8. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 17, 2014

Don't let that happen!! The real one is just stunning. If you look at it like that you would never buy a real watch as you can get a replica of anything.

jcmartinez98 and SpikiSpikester like this.
  9. jcmartinez98 Oct 17, 2014

the watch in the image is NOT as described, with a rubber strap. very possible that the image is of a real one and what you purchase looks different. don't let this take away the allure of the darkside.

10. teenagediplomat Oct 17, 2014

I was very impressed with the real one, and this wouldn't take away from my appreciation/desire to only deal with genuine watches. for me it's not about the fashion or the look but the history, which is non-existent with replicas.

I noticed the comment about the rubber strap too, I just figured the pics were of a gen watch and not whatever the seller is selling..

11. photo500 Oct 18, 2014

I'm always amazed by the amount of grandfathers that leave their nieces and nephews current model watches that are new in their wrappers but have no boxes or papers ;). Australian eBay is full of them, although the bulk seem to be Tag Heuer's and Breitlings.

tpatta and SpikiSpikester like this.