Forums Latest Members
  1. dialstatic Jul 5, 2016

This morning, I received a very peculiar package. It had arrived to me from a place mysteriously called 'Chattanooga'. In the Netherlands, we have no such exotic place names: our cities all have sensible names, such Wijk bij Duurstede (literally 'neighbourhood near expensive city'), Doodstil ('deathly quiet'), Made ('maggot'), Helmond ('mouth of hell') and Monster (where a lot of Seiko fans live ;-)
    IMG_1627.JPG

When I opened it, I found a crumpled up newspaper. A Wall Street Journal no less! I love reading foreign newspapers, so in my mind I thanked my mysterious benefactor.
    IMG_1850.JPG

I have to say that I was shocked to read that the current volatility in the stock market is expected to last, but felt relieved when I read that at least guns are still going strong. Was the sender perhaps giving me a stock tip?
    IMG_1860.JPG
    IMG_1854.JPG

Nah, that couldn't be it. I dug deeper into the package and to my surprise, I found bubble wrap. Man, this mysterious sender knows me well! Bubble wrap popping is one of my favorite things in the whole world. I also have an app for that, but it doesn't come close to the real deal. But wait, there's a note.
    IMG_1634.JPG

When I took off the bubble wrap and stored it for later (I recently cancelled my Netflix subscription so I'm looking for ways to fill my time), I discoved the following two items, and the mystery was finally solved: these are the prizes I won in the Summer Watch photo contest organized by @Darlinboy!

IMG_1636.JPG IMG_1639.JPG

I couldn't be happier. I won third prize so I got the leftovers, but in all seriousness, these two are what I would have picked had I won first price! I actually needed a case knife, and an official Omega one by Victorinox sure beats the Chinese one I was going to order! And the presentation folder is just gorgeous. It also makes a nice working surface for bracelet swapping, as I've discovered.

Thanks again @Darlinboy and family - your collectibles have found a good home!

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 5, 2016

Wow, more bubble wrap!

That's hours of pissing off everybody in the lounge room as you mellow out with pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop.

Ow!

You hit me!

I wasn't doing anything!

Darlinboy and dialstatic like this.
  3. tapaptpat Jul 5, 2016

4. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jul 5, 2016

Glad it arrived safely! The others are still "in the wind" as it were.

Very sorry for the spoiler on the Brexit vote in case you hadn't heard about it already. ::facepalm2::

Enjoy!::psy::

Edited Jul 5, 2016
    al128 and dialstatic like this.
  5. dialstatic Jul 5, 2016

That news was hard to miss, unfortunately. At least when it all hits the fan over here, I now have a knife :rolleyes:

cicindela likes this.