Forums Latest Members
  1. Gedelix Aug 23, 2017

IMG_5032.PNG IMG_5029.PNG IMG_5030.PNG IMG_5031.PNG Hello, a newbie here. Hope you guys are well and kicking.

Recently purchased an omega timepiece and in need of the experts' opinions on this.

Thank you very much for all of your advices.

mikechi22 likes this.
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Aug 23, 2017

What do you need advice on? You already bought the watch.

Uniqez and Joe K. like this.
  3. tdn-dk Aug 23, 2017

4. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Aug 23, 2017

5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 23, 2017

For one, it appears the bezel has been replaced with one the wrong size.
    It will be hard to replace.

6. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Aug 23, 2017

The dial looks to have been cleaned, to the point that the minute markers and half of Seamaster are gone.

7. tdn-dk Aug 23, 2017

Dont you ever get tired of being rude to new members? Why should any one post here in a forum for help, discussion and advice, if they just get an answer that they can do there own research?

Woodward likes this.
  8. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Aug 23, 2017

You're right. Thank you for being my conscience and setting me straight.

9. Vitezi Aug 23, 2017

As was mentioned above, I'm afraid your watch is a bit of a mess. If you like it and would wear it, by all means keep it. But if you are able to return it, you should consider doing so.

Regardless, welcome to the forum. :) If you are at all interested in vintage watches, here are a few threads worth reading:
    Condition Condition Condition And Other Pieces Of Advice
    Learn How To Fish
    For The New Members: Read

Once you have absorbed that information, then take some time to read through the various threads that catch your interest. See what other members like to wear. Soon you'll gain an understanding of what is wrong with the watch you bought, and what to look for on the next watch to buy.

Tik-Tok of Oz likes this.
  10. Gedelix Aug 24, 2017

Hello, seems like it was a terrible newbie mistake. Thanks for all your responses anyways.
    I shall do some more readings.

11. mikechi22 Aug 24, 2017

Well, don't be discouraged. It would only be a terrible mistake if you paid a lot for it. It looks cool and the movement seems clean...I see potential there! I bought an old Constellation for cheap that everyone here told me was garbage, but with TLC and a good watchmaker is now resurrected! That watch had no bezel at all and was missing two gold hour markers. I've just seen pictures so far, but it looks amazing! Could be same for you!

Edited Aug 24, 2017
    Gedelix likes this.