Forums Latest Members
  1. watchme First Owner - Omega Darkside Dec 6, 2013

Found this pic on Omega's Facebook Site. Do you allready have further informations on this new on?

[​IMG]

For me it looks like a new speedmaster 125 ?!

Spy likes this.
  2. TallyHo! Dec 6, 2013

Omega is going to reissue the Speedmaster Mark II. I have been dying to let the news out of the bag. Since a teaser has been released, I can tell everyone what I know. I saw some prototype photos two months ago. It looks to me as if it will be powered by the 3301 movement as a date was present at the 6 o'clock position. If you look carefully at the Facebook photo, you can see the date. The mockups that I saw showed the watch with a standard black dial along with grey, blue and silver racing dials.

kfenstad and watchme like this.
  3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 6, 2013

The caption is:

We've reached 400,000 Facebook fans (keep 'em coming)! As a token of our appreciation, here's a quick peek at a watch we'll be launching next spring…something a little retro that's sure to make a "mark"…

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 6, 2013

I'm wondering, given it very much looks like its a Speedmaster MK2, will it be called a MK2, or more accurately to the naming convention of the series, will it pick up where the Mark series left off and be called the MK VI?

It really does impress me with the care and attention Omega is paying to history with new releases at the moment, this could be a rather cool piece.

Spy and watchme like this.
  5. Superdoc Dec 7, 2013

I am cautiously agreeing with you here.... Looking at many current successes, I agree that the delving into the archives seems to be a successful albeit transparent strategy... the Deville 2 dial chronos, the '57 speedy, the bull heads... all vintage inspired, all modernized effectively...

But, there will be a point at which they will have gone to the well one time too many...for some reason, looking at the original MK2, and thinking about this one...I can't help but get the sense that this may just be a shark in a tank, and somewhere out there fonzie is revving his motorcycle...

ofcourse, I've been wrong before ( I know, it's hard to believe)

Deldog likes this.
  6. lanierdams Dec 27, 2013

I find this pict in black and white.
    The MarkII revival will be produce with a racing dial with orange chronograph hands.
    I love this 70's case with this specific polishing ::love::

[​IMG]

Reintitan likes this.
  7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 28, 2013

What is that hole in the case on 9 oclock side of the case?

8. Superdoc Dec 28, 2013

I would imagine that is the date changing pusher...if you're lucky the Omega boutique will throw in a key chain pusher for it...

9. Reintitan Dec 29, 2013

This is a winner in my book. Will complement the FOIS which is a modern tribute to the 2998 Speedies. Omega has someone working in their Design department with Vintage code knowledge.