Forums Latest Members
  1. JazzBox Nov 13, 2017

Dear experts,

today I bought this little Omega: there is no name on the dial, so I opened it and make some photos.
    Could you kindly help me to understand if everything is genuine (I think the glass is not, because I don't see the Omega logo in the middle), which model is it, the year of production etc?

Thank you very much! :)

IMG_1878.JPG
    Edited May 15, 2018
  2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Nov 13, 2017

The model or reference is 2496, stamped inside the back.

The dial has been refinished at some point.

We need a clear image or simply reply with this number for an approximate date.

IMG_1879.JPG

3. JazzBox Nov 14, 2017

Thank you very much for your help!

Here some better photos: the serial should be 139XXXXX :)

Do you think it is a redial or a repainting? I paid 200 €, do you think it is too much for a watch like this one?

Thank you!

om3.png om4.png
    Edited May 15, 2018
  4. François Pépin Nov 14, 2017

The dial has been poorly refinished, yes. The movement seems to be tired, with some rust. So this watch does not have any collecting value and may be needing new parts to work properly.

200 could be fair is the watch is working - although probably needing a service - and if the buckle is genuine.

5. Passover Nov 14, 2017

Hi,
    for checking the year of movement production take a look at this:

[​IMG]

So, is the dial original?

IMO you could start by taking a closer look at the type used. As far as I heared, it is very hard to match the exact type when redialing/repaiting. So if the type doesn't match original ones it should be not original.

So take a close look at "Omega" on your watch.

Thank check the internet for pictures of "Omega" "2946" the reference number of your watch and try to find other watches you can compare with yours.

For example

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think you can see that the type on your dial differs and is by far not so clear and precise.
    For example take a look at the "G" in Omega...

On this two watches which COULD be original you can also see "Swiss" on the bottom of the dial, at your watches that is missing

Edited Nov 14, 2017
    sleepingdancer and JazzBox like this.