Forums Latest Members

A new Citizen ( Miyota) mechanical movement

1. Canuck Oct 14, 2015

Recently, a friend was showing me his brand new Citizen diver he had just purchased, while on vacation. He indicated it contained a new in-house Miyota mechanical movement with 28,800 bph movement. He raved about the accuracy! The watch was a blazer! I wonder if anyone might have any information about newer model, high performance Miyota mechanicals?

2. ErikR Oct 18, 2015

Couple of years ago Citizen launched a new model targeting the midlevel market in south-&north America. The model was called Signature collection grand classic. It contained the Miyota cal.9010 which is a totally different caliber than the much more used cal. 9015 we find in different cheaper watch brands as helson etc. SRP around 1000$, but often seen sold on Ebay for 4-600$.

Another theory is that this caliber was launched as a potential rival to the ETA mvmt's. Around that time Swatch made it public that they will not deliver ETA mvmt's to third party watchproducers.

I bought my watch in 2013. Very nice watch with crazy decorated mvmt. Quality is somewhere between seiko and Grand seiko level. Typically Tag Heuer range. Nice finishing on case with both brush and polished parts. Sorry idont have better pic's at the moment.

[​IMG]

TNTwatch likes this.
  3. ErikR Oct 18, 2015

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Canuck Oct 18, 2015

Thanks! I didn't get a close look at my friend's diver, but it could be the came movement. He really likes it, and it's a great timekeeper.

5. sc-texas Oct 22, 2015

Erikr. Which grand signature model is that?

6. ErikR Oct 25, 2015

Grand classic