Forums Latest Members

A moody Omega on auction in North Carolina . . .

1. eelpie Jul 2, 2013

This is an interesting case:

http://www.auctionzip.com/aflive.ht...=azemail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=alerts

When informed that the watch was a fake, the auction house advised me not to bid! Apparently they'd just as soon sell the thing for the commission than authenticate, or admit it's queer. They've amended the description to say it's a diver's watch, which is ludicrous, and compounds their ignorance on the subject.

When I contacted the local constabulary, they said they had no jurisdiction, and that no crime has been committed.

So here you have an auctioneer of questionable ethics, and a complacent police department, which means some schnook might just get stitched up for an opening bid of $200 or more.

I wonder if Officer Obie will get off his duff after the crime has been committed . . .

2. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Jul 2, 2013

3. eelpie Jul 2, 2013

With the web site you can get notifications of key words, and Omega is among my bookmarks.

Sadly a lot of the watches in the various auctions are wonky. Most law enforcement agencies cannot be bothered but the South Gloucestershire Trading Standards folks are following up on a couple of Breitlings offered in Bristol recently that were, if possible, worse than the pseudo-Omega.

4. Hijak Jul 2, 2013

"Please note we do not authenticate watches, however, the consignor was in the navy and was a scuba diver and that is what these watches are used for - this is part of a large amount of military items - this consignor spent many years in the Navy as did his Dad."

Above quoted from auction...WOW, what a bunch of sheite

5. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Jul 2, 2013

I like the Precious Moments figurine better than that Faux-mega.

6. ulackfocus Jul 2, 2013

You can say shit here. Also, all variations are accepted when necessary, like bullshit, ape shit, no shit, etc. Just make sure they're used in context and not simply for shock value.

It's "No-mega". Don't confuse that with "Faux-lex". Thank you!

7. Hijak Jul 2, 2013

A while ago on the WUS forum I received an infraction for much less...anyway here it goes...WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT, that case back is ridiculous...boy that felt good! Thanks, and of course in the future will be used with discretion.

8. eelpie Jul 2, 2013

The sad fact is that the auction house will use this sort of fox trot with the truth instead of doing what a legitimate auctioneer would do - pull the thing until it's authenticated . . .

9. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jul 2, 2013

Not to mention their buyer's premium, etc:

• AuctionZip Online Bidding Fee - 3% of winning bid
    • Buyers Premium - 23%

Ouch!

10. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jul 2, 2013

Lol, "Thinking of You is what I Really Like To Do" - when I first read it, I thought it said "Thinking of what I'd Really Like To Do to You"
    Sick mind, I know.

MMMD likes this.
  11. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 2, 2013

What a POS.
    I just feel sorry for the poor sucker who ends up with it:( , at least it won't be anyone from here:thumbsup: .

12. eelpie Jul 3, 2013

This thread has been forwarded to the auction house, and now they've decided to lower the starting bid to $10, and to get the thing authenticated.

It may not be as good a result has having the thing withdrawn and destroyed, but at least nobody's going to get zapped for $200 or more . . .