A-maze-ing barn-find

So I was making my way through this barn built in 1272 when the Vikings were coasting the new world dropping off redcats which they thought brought good luck and building strange stone structures. Anyway I caught the dull gleam of a terrible PVD coating with an inner maze and cheap padded band so I pushed enter on the computer and soon it showed up. I’m pretty sure it is a transitional thingy and the measurements (length and width) of the second hand prove me right. Very rare indeed and I could easily flip this as non NOS probably making a hefty sum. But alas it’s probably wiser for me to get a band that cost more than the watch and wear it. It’s pretty thick and sits weird which makes it even better IMO. I hate to admit this but I actually thought someone spray painted the case as I just don’t get the PVD I think it would look cool in stainless. So here she is another hurly-durly watch singing songs of peace
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I wouldn’t say it's ugly. It's just... odd... or perhaps just...uncommon ? I don't dislike it, actually !

Isn’t it missing a ball? Looks like one of those puzzles I played when I was a kid 😉

I wouldn’t say it's ugly. It's just... odd... or perhaps just...uncommon ? I don't dislike it, actually !
I’m pretty sure my wife used those same words to me. Might have been our first date if I’m not mistaken.

Its kinda cool in a seventies sorta way. So much of what was stylish in those days causes me to ask...

what the hell were they thinking.

Its kinda cool in a seventies sorta way. So much of what was stylish in those days causes me to ask...

what the hell were they thinking.
Every generation has crazy styles.....in the future people will be wondering what the hell people were thinking in the styles of today. Things that seem normal in the present will usually look dated when looked at in the rear view mirror of tomorrow. That's how life works.

Isn’t it missing a ball? Looks like one of those puzzles I played when I was a kid 😉
My first thoughts too. Someone did take that idea further and made this:
FA4BB671-341B-4564-A8B1-D593EE142120.jpeg

I like it! but I might grind off the PVD, that would substantially raise the value ( chuckle)