Forums Latest Members

A lust I can't get out of my head - Aqua Terra

1. Undefeatable Apr 11, 2019

So in my 4 years of being in the watch hobby, I have had the opportunity to own some really nice pieces from Rolex, Omega, Panera, etc... Usually a watch will catch my eye in a picture, or maybe I will just always hear legendary talk about it (i.e. Speedmaster & Submariner), so I will decide to buy, and enjoy it for a bit before moving onto something else that tickles my fancy.

In my short time in the hobby, there used to only be 1 watch that I lusted after but never had the chance to get, and that was the Blancpain Fifty Fathoms, the one with the sapphire bezel and sailcloth strap. That has and will always be my "grail", well beyond my budget.

That list of "grail" watches has grown to two. Ever since I first saw it shortly after its release, I have not stopped thinking about it. It is this Aqua Terra:
    [​IMG]

The funny thing is, I haven't really cared for any other Aqua Terra before. Unfortunately, I am moving soon and trying to save more money for a few international trips later this year and next year, so my watch savings has gone into my travel and moving budgets.

There is no purpose to this post, except using it as my pseudo vision board.

2. hmss007 Apr 11, 2019

I actually owned this exact version for a while and it was really great. It's a beautiful watch on the bracelet, rubber strap or even a leather. I ended up trading for the white face with orange second hand though. The only fault I found was that it was hard to read the time in different lights. The hands would get lost in the reflections. No matter my experience, it's a beauty.

WatchShopping likes this.
  3. hbombkid Apr 11, 2019

I finally got an AT couple months ago and it compliments my Sub perfectly. It’s a great watch.

Sidreilley likes this.
  4. CJpickup57 Apr 11, 2019

I love mine.

D1EDF56A-DC87-47AD-BB6A-4DE523C500EA.jpeg

Buster, Sidreilley, Farmer and 11 others like this.
  5. inspektorKemp Apr 11, 2019

This exact watch is also the watch I am saving up for. I hope in the future, we can both post about finally having it in our possession!

6. ilayd Apr 11, 2019

I really like that watch! But I did want to find one on a bracelet. There is a one in the For Sale boards here on this blog (not mine). The reason I know, is I keep looking at it too.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/fso...al-rubber-220-12-41-21-03-002-new-2019.91147/

In fact, I think the picture you posted may have been taken from the seller himself, so it can very well be the same exact watch you posted too!

Edit: based on the location of the second hands and the date, Im pretty sure thats the same exact watch that you posted! You should get it, it was meant to be! ;)

7. JFerraro819 Apr 11, 2019

I picked the blue one with the blue/silver seconds hand. Big fan of its versatility.

8. jwvargas Apr 11, 2019

That is the same one I've been hoping to get one of these days.

9. speedyproftw Apr 11, 2019

Completely agree on the Blancpain Fifty Fathoms ... I just need to stop buying Speedies!

10. 77deluxe Apr 11, 2019

Blue second hand is great. Get one.....

11. rob#1 Apr 12, 2019

Last time I was at an OB this was the watch the consultant was wearing - really looks stunning in the flesh. The blue hands really pop. Would love to add one to my collection one day.

12. Inpw Apr 12, 2019

You can't go wrong with an AT, it's a very versatile watch. Four years into ownership, the Skyfall is still one of my favorites (unfortunately can't post a picture as I'm not wearing it today).

Omegafanman likes this.
  13. ck1109 Apr 12, 2019

I don't have a newer model, but I still enjoy wearing my older Aqua Terra after all these years

[​IMG]

EatMan, dinexus, KstateSkier and 11 others like this.
  14. Gerry73 Apr 16, 2019

Have had this since Saturday. Very pleased and it looks even better on. My only luxury watch but probably the only one I'll ever want. Looks great with any outfit. Opted for leather in the end, not really a bracelet type of watch wearer. 1555428486705961972694.jpg

Khamenman, fastfras, Wetworks and 6 others like this.
  15. jankymutt Apr 16, 2019

It is such a beautiful watch and is so versatile in a causal or dressier setting!

16. jspaxton Apr 16, 2019

Finally an Aqua Terra love thread. I've also been eyeing the blue aqua terra. but I'd get the bracelet, I don't know why but rubber straps never feel comfortable to me. I do like the leather strap on the AT though

17. MCC Apr 16, 2019

@Undefeatable that is a handsome looking watch, I had not seen this colour combination before.

18. Bimmerman77 Apr 16, 2019

I love mine. Grabbed in new last November and wear it 3-4x a week. My most accurate watch. Also went with the rubber since it’s comfortable and I didn’t like the bracelet with this colored dial.
    9B32BB43-8D72-467D-9A12-268171737341.jpeg

Edited Apr 16, 2019
  19. tikkathree Apr 16, 2019

I'm sticking to my view that this is THE AT. Wait a minute, that notion inflates resale values so, on second thoughts this is the worst possible option for anyone looking for a half-decent AT.

20. Eve Apr 16, 2019

I would agree with the most here, AT is an amazeing watch and could serve a perfect purpose of beeing the only watch, since it is so versatile.
    It has a really nice wrist presence without beeing blingy. Especially the one without polished center links on the bracelet.
    I must admit i had some minor issues that disterbed me personally a little bit. Like the lume on the hour hand is so tiny, that i could hardly tell the time at night. At the same time the seconds hand is almost as present as the minute hand. I wasnt happy setting the date with jumping hour. And last but not least, i would have been happier if the case would have been slightly thinner.
    That is so sad but i had to let this one go since these minor issues kind of bugged me. I still miss the dial though, it is one of a kind! Makes me happy everytime i look at those beautiful photos.
    IMG_20190416_222824.jpg

Tet, Caliber561, SuperHero and 6 others like this.