Forums Latest Members

A Look Back: Three Omega Speedmaster Watches Introduced In 2020

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Dec 22, 2020

[​IMG]
    Of course, over the course of 2020, Omega introduced more than three Speedmaster watches. However, the release calendar was significantly scaled back in comparison to previous years. It seems that Omega took the feedback on limited editions very seriously. In all honesty, I somewhat regret the fact that there was no limited edition Speedmaster Professional […]

Visit A Look Back: Three Omega Speedmaster Watches Introduced In 2020 to read the full article.

Jorisvp, lindo, SoyuzPilot and 5 others like this.
  2. Capt Cave Man Dec 22, 2020

A nice read RJ, I had forgotten the 321 in steel was released only in January. Like yourself, patently waiting for the call in the new year for my Silver Snoopy :thumbsup:

Thank-you for continuing to drop your Speedy Tuesday stories, especially with it being more difficult to get out and about and as mentioned, other releases scaled back.

Edit: Typical of me to forget... have a great break over Xmas and a wonderful start to the New Year!

FBCello and Robert-Jan like this.
  3. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Dec 22, 2020

Thanks Capt Cave Man!

Have a wonderful Christmas too!

Capt Cave Man likes this.
  4. Dedlock Dec 23, 2020

Agreed about the a new limited edition speedmaster for 2021, I enjoyed the ruckus it would cause lol. It spices things up and makes it exciting.

5. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Dec 23, 2020

No wonder the new steel Speedmaster Calibre 321 " Ed White " won the Fratello Speedmaster contest, it's the closest design ever to the chronographs used by NASA astronauts of the Gemini & Apollo programs !
    :thumbsup:

6. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Dec 23, 2020

The Team Alinghi is clearly not meant for use as a timekeeping device.

It took me 15 minutes just to locate the minute and hour hands. :confused:

7. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Dec 23, 2020

1971 is 50 years since the first use of

70370018-FD6E-48F1-9884-7FCC05D99DD8.jpeg

This week in 1971, Apollo 15 became the first mission to use the Lunar Roving Vehicle. The LRV was a lightweight, electric vehicle designed to operate in the low-gravity vacuum of the Moon. It was capable of traversing the lunar surface, allowing Apollo astronauts to extend the range of their extravehicular activities. Here, the LRV is photographed alone against the desolate lunar background following the third Apollo 15 EVA. This July, in a series of special events, NASA is marking the 50th anniversary of the Apollo Program -- the historic effort that sent the first U.S. astronauts into orbit around the Moon in 1968, and landed a dozen astronauts on the lunar surface between 1969 and 1972. For more pictures, and to connect to NASA’s remarkable history, visit the Marshall History Program’s webpage. (NASA)

How cool would a Speedmaster Rover 50th anniversary

FBCello and SoyuzPilot like this.
  8. scapa Dec 23, 2020

Thanks for the article -- very interesting to see these three quite different watches all together.

Also noticed this passage: I have a soft spot for this watch, and can’t wait till I get my hands on mine. A sentiment shared by many in the Snoopy Ordered -- Now Where and When? club. Reminds me a bit of the old NASA graphics showing the global location of Santa's sleigh...