Forums Latest Members

A little knowledge needed regarding Omega signed crystals

1. morrisbeef Apr 16, 2019

You guys and/or gals probably have already answered simple questions like mine to follow, yet I’m new to the OF and finding a similar old thread can be tough for a rookie. I’ll get it soon enough. Here it goes...

The Question: Did all Ranchero’s originally come with Omega signed crystals (plexi)? And secondarily, did the “Seachero’s” also come with the same?

Was it random? Was the serial number a factor? Was there a specific year Omega started using signed crystals? Or a certain country?

Through researching online, talking to Omega fans, or my vintage watch service/repair, I’m getting differing opinions. One says, prior to 1960, “no”, another says, “depends on the country”, etc. Excuse my naïveté, I have no idea, hence I have no reason to question their opinions.

And if you are buying a replacement, are the Omega signed one only available on the secondary market?

I would like to publicly thank @Archer for providing me the part number I was looking for. Obviously it was for a crystal for a 2990-1!

Therefore @Archer is exempt from this thread, hahaha.
    So is @DIV, who has been very helpful along the way.

All jokes aside, everyone has always been very helpful and knowledgeable on the OF. Thank you everyone, from all the new guys/gals!!!!!!!

Flip likes this.
  2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Apr 16, 2019

3. morrisbeef Apr 16, 2019

What a great start!! Thanks @X350 XJR. Duh! The search window icon! I’m dumb tonight!! Well, maybe tomorrow too!