A little help if I may be so bold

Did I pay too much for this it was on the shelf for a little over 190. Anyway I picked this up a while back. Not horrible but the minute hand is a bit gnarly. I was considering a new hand set but they won’t be original. Any way bracelet ok but the clasp is wonky not connecting proper. I’ve been a bit out of the game with me being temporarily separated from my Watch collection.

Until I straighten everything else up with these hidden lugs have you had much luck with leather straps? I put one on my vader but it was one of the soft rather supple ones it actually grabbed the spring bar and I narrowly averted tragedy.
I’m thinking this might be the time to get a stiff strap which I normally dislike but I don’t think it will bunch up and grab the spring bars. All my tools and spare straps are with my collection so I’m a bit stuck. I need to get this chunky goodness upon my appendage

B368D71A-AE3C-4BF2-A587-011FB5F18BF0.jpeg

9DD123B5-3E3D-422B-9C51-076DA555D200.jpeg

Cheap!
Hopefully it's all original and unmolested but those ones are hard to find nowadays.

Cheap!
Hopefully it's all original and unmolested but those ones are hard to find nowadays.
Yeah it’s legit. Well I’m like 98% sure it was buried at an estate sale in my excitement I didn’t notice the gnarly minute hand but I didn’t pay much and it still points where it should. I’ve been looking at hand sets but most are aftermarket and probably those that claim to be original are aftermarket. I might get a set as they look right and save what’s on it or I’ll leave it as is. Keeps good time all functions working and the messed up minute hand kinda sticks out in the photo it’s actually not that bad. Not that great either being honest. Edit oh it was a bit more than 190 I was just commenting on the price on the box. I honestly don’t remember what I paid I’ll have to ask my wife she will remind me.

.................................... I honestly don’t remember what I paid I’ll have to ask my wife she will remind me.
🤣

Yeah it’s legit. Well I’m like 98% sure it was buried at an estate sale in my excitement I didn’t notice the gnarly minute hand but I didn’t pay much and it still points where it should. I’ve been looking at hand sets but most are aftermarket and probably those that claim to be original are aftermarket. I might get a set as they look right and save what’s on it or I’ll leave it as is. Keeps good time all functions working and the messed up minute hand kinda sticks out in the photo it’s actually not that bad. Not that great either being honest.
When you fail to recall how much you paid........It's called denial 😁
My grandfather always said the secret to a happy life is good health and a bad memory. I got the bad memory part down.

I think I could live with it as is. A respray is another option? If that offends then I think aftermarket and keep the legit ones.
IMG_1727.jpeg IMG_1763.jpeg

If the minute hand hasn't been chewed up by rats then it can be restored correctly.
Need a better pic to see if my assessment is correct, or if it's just a bridge too far.

When you fail to recall how much you paid........It's called denial 😁

The rule when telling your wife about watch purchases/sales — you bought it for 20% less than you did and you sold it for 25% more than reality. 😉