Forums Latest Members
  1. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Aug 1, 2014

I've noticed on a few occasions people post Constellations and other vintage Omegas with missing bezels, querying whether bezels are available. Thought I'd share this contact with you as this guy has made one for a 168.005 and it turned out exceptionally well. In this case it was a 14k gold bezel, as is the standard for Connie Gold capped models of the time.

He does stainless as well.

http://www.watchcaserepair.com/

Regards

Desmond

2. Hijak Aug 1, 2014

Duely noted and bookmarked, thank you Desmond!:thumbsup:

3. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Aug 1, 2014

Thanks for the lead! :)

4. Dablitzer Aug 1, 2014

I needed one of these! Great! :thumbsup:

5. ulackfocus Aug 1, 2014

Wonder if he can recut lugs? My favorite JLC has become quite rounded. I know some gold will be lost, but it would really look great with crisp edges.

Thanks for the tip Desmond!

(marking for future reference: ecclesiastical)

6. Mothra Aug 1, 2014

Desmond, unless I'm missing something - do we have a photo/writeup of the Connie bezel? Could we invite the owner onto the site to share?

7. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Aug 1, 2014

Quadrophenic-Schizophrenia

8. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Aug 2, 2014

I'll ask him if he wishes to share.

9. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 2, 2014

Ah yes, now I get it.

When I saw a previous one by you I thought you had a case of keyboard Tourette Syndrome ;)

It's a good idea, thanks Dennis and Jim :thumbsup:

Die Walküre

UncleBuck likes this.
  10. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Aug 2, 2014

My understanding is that Mr. Wuischpard is the direct decendent of the "W' family in S&W (Schwab and Wuischpard), who was a large watch case making company in the mid 20th Century. One of the grandsons, perhaps?

They made a lot of the classic Hamilton cases back then:

http://electric-watches.co.uk/makers/hamilton/hamilton-case-makers/

Work is top notch and isn't cheap. But quality work never is.

I'm sure he can do the job. Here you go...

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/watchcaserepair/lugs.htm

Somewhere else for you to visit next spring in Florida. Very close to your home plate.
    gatorcpa

11. woodwkr2 Aug 2, 2014

Depending on the job, his waiting time can be measured in years rather than weeks or months.

12. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Aug 2, 2014

I'm still waiting for him to return my email when he returns to the office. Here's the email. Note the date? Clearly not a priority for him, and I have little patience for folks who hold their service hostage to those who seek it.
    [​IMG]

13. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 3, 2014

If you are still waiting a year later, I'd say he's pretty much forgotten you. I've never dealt with them, so I can't say if that's typical or not, but being on the other side of the situation to some degree I can sympathize with getting flooded with emails, and some do fall through the cracks despite my best efforts to stay on top of them. When I get an email from this morning pushed 2 pages down by tonight, sometimes they get missed. I am thankful for those that follow up with me in a few days if they have not heard back, as it helps me keep on top of things. Have you followed up with them?

I often spend more than an 2 hours each day just answering emails - emails asking for pricing, status updates, asking technical questions from clients and other watchmakers, and even advice on how to become a watchmaker, etc. Not all are pleasant like the guy who recently asked me for pricing on a couple of very small jobs (polishing one watch and replacing the crystal on another) and when I told him I only do full service work, he wrote back with a tirade about how I was being unfair as he was a senior and just asked for pricing...like I knew he was a senior and that this fact makes any difference...sometimes people take things personally, and it's not, it's business.

Not making any excuse for bad service or not returning emails in a reasonable amount of time (I shoot for 48 hours max, regardless of weekends, holidays, Xmas - yes you would be surprised how many emails I get on Xmas day, etc.) but sometimes things get hectic.

Cheers, Al

14. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Aug 3, 2014

I feel like if I drop a line to say I'm still waiting for a response that I'll just piss off the guy who didn't get back to me, and end up with a quote 3x the value of the completed watch. My paranoid imagination in full swing!

15. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 3, 2014

Well I can't speak for the guy obviously, but as I mention I usually welcome a gentle reminder! I guess my main point is, don't take these things personally, because more than likely it's nothing personal from the other side.

Cheers, Al