Forums Latest Members

A Kennedy Space Center Speedy Tuesday

1. Meche Dec 13, 2016

Had some fun at KSC with the family today and HAD to snap a pic of my Speedmaster next to the Saturn V:
    IMG_0346.JPG

It was a great day, and the wife and kids loved every minute. For anyone contemplating a trip to KSC that has either never been or hasn't been in a while, I highly recommend it. In addition to the newish Mars stuff, they have also recently (this year) added a memorial to the Challenger and Columbia shuttle disasters. They were well done and incredibly moving. On display among other items were actual portions of the wreckage from both orbiters, which has never been seen. It was powerful.

Anyway, visiting the Apollo/Saturn V center there always gives me goosebumps. I love seeing and walking the history. If anyone has similar pics, or way cooler ones, would love to see them!

WurstEver, repoman, ohmzx and 3 others like this.
  2. repoman Dec 13, 2016

Agree, KSC is awesome, the new Heroes and Legends hall of fame is not to be missed. I didn't get a wristie with the Saturn V, but I did with the NASA sculpture at the entrace:

20161112_122943.jpg

3. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Dec 13, 2016

I was there last March for the first time and thought it was incredible. No wrist shots (stupid me!) but still a really awesome experience for all ages.

IMG_1640.JPG IMG_1641.JPG IMG_1642.JPG
    Meche and WurstEver like this.
  4. WurstEver Dec 13, 2016