Forums Latest Members

A hairy experience on a recent purchase....

1. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! May 28, 2014

Just wondering if this fuzz is OEM and correct for the model. :eek:

Attention to detail was obviously sorely lacking by the "professional" who "serviced" this watch. Either that or some Rogaine was spilled on the hands during the service. Either way... ::weird::

I mentally factor in a service when I buy vintage (dealers I know and trust excepted) and am still quite pleased with the purchase overall, assuming this can be easily removed by a real professional. A good reminder that when a seller tells you a watch has been serviced, take it with a shaker, not just a grain, of salt. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member May 28, 2014

Service, sure, but a shave?:D

Nevertheless, this one is full of promise. What are we dealing with? Zodiac? Breitling?

Darlinboy likes this.
  3. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy May 28, 2014

I have the same problem with my nose hairs, ........I don't think it's anything to worry about

Darlinboy likes this.
  4. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! May 28, 2014

Zodiac... The dial and case are in great condition, needs a crystal and a service. Impulse buy. image.jpg image.jpg

5. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member May 28, 2014

everybody loves a panda, particularly a furry one like yours!
    panda.jpg

NT931, timeismoney and ulackfocus like this.
  6. JohnSteed May 28, 2014

Sweet looking Zs !!! Inspirational, to be sure.

Ahhh, just be sure to shave that bad boy ;)

7. Hijak May 28, 2014

Ah, it's just going through puberty.;)

8. amblin May 29, 2014

Quite a common problem especially if the previous owner was the DIY type and performed the restoration/cleaning at home with eBay parts.

Old stock replacement hands usually come on a small piece of cotton paper card, and some sellers fold the paper or tape another piece over it for protection during transport. Not realizing that the deteriorated fluorescence material can become quite sticky and pick up some cotton fiber in the process.

And if the hands are original, then maybe it's due to a bad clean job that he simply used swabs in an attempt to clean the dial ;)

9. bigdubnick May 29, 2014

[​IMG]