Forums Latest Members

A GTG in Zurich, CH, June 2018 (Independant Watchmaker content).

1. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' May 5, 2018

Hi OF

There will be a GTG happening on 8 June 2018 in Zurich. I am not the organizer, but I will be there.

To any folks who are nearby, local, or will be in the vicinity then and who may want to join, let me know. I would love to meet you, and for those of you I have already met, would be absolutely fantastic to meet again.

Cheers,
    E

PS: Don't expect

https://omegaforums.net/threads/swiss-gtg-feb-2017.53106/

OR

https://omegaforums.net/threads/speedy-tuesday-–-an-omega-museum-gtg-in-bienne.73068/

unless @kov joins ... :D ...

aap, kov, Fabollse and 1 other person like this.
  2. Tony C. Ωf Jury member May 5, 2018

I love Zurich, and visit several times a year. Not sure that I will be able to make it that weekend, but hope to meet with some local collectors in the future.

eugeneandresson likes this.
  3. alam May 5, 2018

maybe...

4. kov Trüffelschwein. May 5, 2018

I might be able to make it, let me know some more details @eugeneandresson ;)

Love Zürich :thumbsup:

5. tintin34 May 5, 2018

Hi eugene,

Thats a great idea. I live nearby, so happy to join the party.

Could you please provide more details?

Rgds
    Dani

6. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' May 22, 2018

Thanks for all the comments, and for those that already contacted me. For any others of you who may have missed out, give me a shout...this happens in 2 weeks :thumbsup:

SpeedyPhill and kov like this.
  7. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe May 22, 2018

Always interested...

red crowned and eugeneandresson like this.
  8. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Jun 9, 2018

Hi folks

(I think a lot of you folks who like classic beautiful watches would appreciate checking out the links below)

Last night I managed to cycle through town during a 3 hour thunderstorm (been wanting to swim all week, it was fantastic!) without getting any of my watches wet ... but everything else was, hence the milky pics (humble apologies). We were a humble gathering of 7, which was actually perfect, as all could engage in conversation with each other(and that we did, till midnight). A few pints were taken too, which fueled the conversation. Some very interesting topics came up...

Of the 7, 2 were independent watchmakers with some exceptional pieces. It was truly a pleasure to meet Mark from 'Vault' (http://www.vault.swiss/) as well as Rémi from 'Krayon' (https://www.krayon.ch/en/accueil) and to see their creations, as well as hear about their inspirations, and how their watches work, first hand. The pics do no justice...

Krayon - Everywhere : what makes this watch unique is its sunrise and sunset complication, that works by setting the date as well as your current latitude and longitude position on Earth. And it is all set via one pusher, and one crown. It is a thing of absolute classic beauty ... I am not one for fancy-ass ('haute horology') watches but I could not stop looking at this one ... my inner-nerd was just mouth-agape at the concept of the maths converted to mechanics...

IMG_8449.JPG IMG_8446.JPG IMG_8448.JPG IMG_8454.JPG

Vault - V1+ : What makes this watch unique is the way it displays time, and the fact that its never really the same. The crown rotates the whole movement and dial-hands mechanism independently of each other. Setting the time back to what it was in the first photo an hour or so later meant that the positioning of everything was different for the same time....neat! I don’t understand how that works. Again, pics do no justice, also a beauty...

IMG_8431.JPG IMG_8443.JPG IMG_8444.JPG

Drat...I didn't take pictures of the back...sorry guys.

One of the folks who joined was from IWC, so he too had a very unique watch with. I love the movement finishing...

IMG_8437.JPG IMG_8438.JPG

Enjoy the rest of your weekend folks.

Edited Jun 9, 2018
    Duracuir1, Walrus, M'Bob and 3 others like this.
  9. Nathan1967 Jun 9, 2018

That Krayon, beautiful and amazing!
    That’s $600k in your hand right there Eugene - makes you think, doesn’t it?

frederico and eugeneandresson like this.
  10. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Jun 9, 2018

I was fortunate enough to have been ignorant of that fact when the first impression was made with watch in hand...so, the playing field was level in that respect. But yes, you are correct, I should have just turned around and hauled ass when it was on my wrist :D

Nathan1967 likes this.