Forums Latest Members
  1. tovewabe Aug 21, 2013

Hi guys, just wondering what you think of the Seamaster that Sumerian is selling over in the for-sale section as a first vintage Omega? I wasn't looking for anything with a gold bezel but it ticks most of my other boxes. I know it's totally subjective of course but... thoughts?

2. ulackfocus Aug 21, 2013

I like it. Don't know what it will go for since I haven't owned on of them for at least a year and a half. Every vintage Omega collector should own a bumper and a date-at-6 at least once and this kills those two birds with one stone.

MKelley, tovewabe and citizenrich like this.
  3. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Aug 21, 2013

I don't like it, because the color of the hands doesn't match the color of dial hardware.

tovewabe likes this.
  4. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Aug 22, 2013

Have had a look at it several times, nice as it is I decided I was looking for a face in better condition - never happy to pass comment on members watches but that is the beauty of the forum -honesty.
    As Dennis says "bumper and date at 6" that alone has a lot going for it.

NT931 and tovewabe like this.
  5. John R Smith Aug 22, 2013

The seller is not doing himself any favours by describing it as "gold plated" when it is actually gold-capped. Hoi is right about the hands, too, they look like the ones from a solid-gold case version. And the dial is degrading in a rather unpleasant way, see what's happening around the figure '9'. It may well be that this problem with the dial will continue to grow.

tovewabe likes this.
  6. tovewabe Aug 22, 2013

Well, it's sold now so no matter. Thanks for the advice folks! I'm going to keep lurking.