Forums Latest Members
  1. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Apr 5, 2022

If a man has gold, he lives with the terror that someone will take it away from him, so he builds walls around it. Then everyone knows where the gold is, so they come and take it. That's the way it always goes, brother. Fools and gold, together.
    Conn Iggulden

2. hen Apr 5, 2022

Clearly you are a bright collector! Stunning watches all of them. I dont want to part with any of my two Omegas either.

3. bombaywalla Apr 5, 2022

Re. the bold & underlined text -- WHY cant you rotate them all?? ::confused2::::confused2::

Why can't you wear a diff watch each day? -- start with the left most one, work your way each day to the right most one. Then, start all over.....
    And, keep repeating until you pass from this Earth....
    what's the problem?

4. gbesq Apr 5, 2022

I suppose that I can. This is just a sample. Although I haven't acquired 365 watches yet. Rather hoping not to get to that point. :)

Syzygy likes this.
  5. hen Apr 5, 2022

Oh I understood your rotate as cant sell one to buy another. That I understand, but not using them all, that I dont understand.

6. gbesq Apr 5, 2022

Your understanding is correct. The "problem" is not having too many. It's an issue of not being able to comply with a "one in, one out" policy to keep the overall collection size from growing too large.

YYTIN likes this.
  7. hen Apr 5, 2022

Just cant sell your babies! :)

8. LesXL Apr 5, 2022

Put them in a safe, like this you don't see your problem :)

9. gbesq Apr 5, 2022

They are. And my German Shepherd likes to sleep next to it. He doesn't like strangers.

Edited Apr 6, 2022
  10. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Apr 5, 2022

You have built a great collection. Maybe instead of wearing them all, you could research and write about them. I’d be interested in learning about your thought process and vetting style. Not where you find these, but more about your approach to it.

airansun and RCINPHILL like this.
  11. bombaywalla Apr 5, 2022

ah!! understood now.
    my understanding of "rotate" is wearing in rotation.... LOL!

i can empathize with your situation -- too many nice watches out there for one to be determined to have a finite collection.....

On the flip side -- if you have good/excellent examples of watches from your favorite era, I personally say stop collecting & start wearing & enjoying them.
    yes, there are many other watches out there but many of them are 'more of the same'. For many people, having 1 example of a style is not enough, they need many examples. It's a classic case of hoarding & perhaps greed.
    Just enjoy what you have & stop looking over the hedge to see what you don't have & lusting after that......maybe needlessly.....

And, I can understand your not wanting to sell one on which you have spent money & time to bring up to spec. You will rarely find one like that in the market which means you will have to start at ground-0 for that new acquisition......

Edited Apr 5, 2022
  12. Oku Apr 5, 2022

Definitely, you have a problem! I don't see a 30T2, no Seamaster chronograph, no 33.3, no Seamaster diver, no T17...
    You just have a starter's kit!

Retsamaes and YYTIN like this.
  13. YYTIN Apr 5, 2022

You've got all our sympathy @gbesq !
    Of course you're in the right place here in OF to get some :whistling:

By the way, very nice 1st batch, now that you are into it : show us the rest :)

14. paddymoran Apr 5, 2022

Great collection - though, no doubt it’s probably only a small number of your Omegas. Personally, I’ve always found the “hunt” almost as enjoyable as wearing the watch itself. I presume I’m not alone in this - known as “the thrill of the chase” ;) And then of course there’s the enjoyment obtained by simply looking at and inspecting your watches!! Very sad really isn’t it!!

15. ChiefMark Apr 5, 2022

Beautiful. I see the Ranchero ::love::, which stands out in that crowd. Just keep going! Or decide you only need a "three watch collection." ::confused2::

Nah... that's about the dumbest idea I ever heard. :D

16. Engee Apr 5, 2022

I have the solution if you don’t want to sell any of them: give them away.

17. bmpennington Apr 5, 2022

I see seven watches and there are seven days in a week!

18. perks713 Apr 5, 2022

While my collection is filled with significantly less significant watches than yours I do find myself in a similar situation.

I have a FOIS that has turned into a daily wearer, I have a few watches that have deep personal attachment (worn or bought for significant life events), and I have several watches that I keep telling myself would be good for specific situations that might arise in the future.

I’ve never sold a watch, I’m hoping I can bring myself to do that in the next few months… Maybe it gets easier after your first time!?

19. Sa Calobra Apr 7, 2022

I feel your pain! I was feeling really happy with myself when I only had a modern Seamaster that I wore daily. Now I have about 8 nice ones to choose from. One choice I did make was to stay away from smartwatches (even though I'd like one for going to the beach here in Spain)