Forums Latest Members
  1. Sturmvogel Aug 6, 2015

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Aug 6, 2015

3. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Aug 6, 2015

The earliest 564's have serial number at 24 million.

Rotor was worn and replaced by a newer one, not original. Price is too high

Edited Aug 6, 2015
    KIMBER likes this.
  4. Sturmvogel Aug 6, 2015

Thank you both very much for sharing your expert knowledge with me. I'd really like to buy an original Constellation Pie Pan watch for daily use (so it doesn't even have to be in pristine condition as some collectors may prefer to own them), but I am scared to spend money since the likelihood to get a restored / redialed watch appears to be very high.

Is there a good dealer whom you could recommend? Of course, I am checking the sales section here almost daily, but such a watch doesn't appear so often and if there is a trustworthy dealer who currently offers once, I may go with that one.

5. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Aug 6, 2015

I would keep an eye here: https://omegaforums.net/forums/private-watch-sales/ or here: https://omegaforums.net/forums/watches-for-sale/

6. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Aug 6, 2015

the movement is incredibly clean -I think someone has tried to minimise the difference between the movement and the new rotor

the round case (semi) hidden crown late pie-pans are quite uncommon -I think it was Hoi who told me that once over
    the 564s did go up to '69 but some weren't sold until into the 70's
    I looked at a very genuine cal 564 168.005 with a serial number that put it at around '67 but original papers that had it being sold in 1970.
    deffo too expensive

deffo too expensive

there is a lovely 50s Connie in the sales forum for $800+ at the minute
    ok -slightly mottled dial but still lovely all the same
    (I have no link to the seller)

I have a question -did they do cross hair dials that late?