Forums Latest Members
  1. Leonard1563 Jan 15, 2023

Subsequent to my last thread I wanted to ask if anybody knows a good European eBay seller for vintage Omega watches below a 1000 Euros.
    Thank you very much,
    Leo

2. KiliWatch Jan 24, 2023

Good question.

3. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Jan 24, 2023

I’m not necessarily recommending this particular watch but this guy has a few cheap ish Omega and Eterna, and others if you look at the watches he’s listed. The link is just the first Omega that popped up.

He’s in Albania, good communication, and ships by DHL. Also offers 14 days return.

My reason for mentioning him, in response to the enquiry, is that I’ve just bought the Eterna 3003 (that I’ve posted about 100 times in the last few days) and I’m impressed by the watch and the service.

(
    BTW, he’s not my brother in law;))

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275589497899Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Edited Jan 24, 2023
  4. KiliWatch Jan 24, 2023

Thanks a lot for the valuable info, Spruce. It's a pleasure to see seasoned forum members taking the time to help those who are new here.

Did you buy the Eterna 3003 from the Albanian seller? I'm based in Denmark and Albania has just started EU accession negotiations in 2022, so sending to the EU will still imply heavy custom taxes unfortunately...

Any EU based sellers you know of?

Thanks a lot!

Spruce likes this.
  5. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Jan 24, 2023

I did buy it after watching it for quite a few weeks and wondering why no one else was buying or making offers. I wondered what everyone else could see that I was missing.

The seller’s fairly short summary on eBay was 'SEE PHOOTO WATCH WORKING WATCH VERY GOOD', but the photos were good, it had a signed crown and bracelet and I always like it when I’m offered returns and I took a (late night) chance and I’m pleased I did.

Also pleased to post another photo ;)

FE95474F-3E0E-4F21-B887-272EC803F9F5.jpeg E00EBC83-C87D-4203-8982-5B02E52146D0.jpeg

bardamu and noelekal like this.
  6. KiliWatch Jan 24, 2023

What a beauty! You took a gamble, but did very well.

Did you pay more than 25 percent in custom duties? You're located in Sweden, am I right?

Any reason why you wouldn't recommend the Seamaster 600 for that price?

Always nice to retrieve knowledge from an expert.

Spruce likes this.
  7. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Jan 24, 2023

Actually, I’m in London and I paid £260 for the Eterna.matic plus £60 duty plus DHL postage.

I think the guy’s got a good selection for sale, but I haven’t looked at the watches I didn’t buy with any particular care.

The prudent course, if you’re interested in any of them, is to start your own thread and post photos, price and, possibly, an eBay link and get a range of opinions.

8. KiliWatch Jan 25, 2023

Sounds great Spruce.

Whenever a watch shows up I find of interest, I'll start a new thread. I've been weary to do so before, because I don't want to take use of other members knowledge. Now that I'm a bit more knowledgeable myself, the hurdle is less high.

Thanks again!

Spruce likes this.
  9. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Jan 25, 2023

It just makes it easier if you post information, photos and a link. Not everyone on OF has the same interests or expertise and a dedicated thread for one, or maybe two similar, watches saves any hassle in having to track down links.