Forums Latest Members
  1. AveConscientia Mar 5, 2017

Recently bought my first Omega(less than a hour ago on an impulse). It is a Omega 1351 Deville Quartz most likely from 1980. I don't think a seller would try to fake one of these but I have my suspicions with it coming from Pakistan.. I got it for a total of $82. I can't find anything on it besides a single eBay auction. http://m.g.ebay.com/itm/291750707326Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    I have five questions. First is it legit? Second did I get a good deal? Third more information about the watch. Fourth thoughts in general condition, look, and such. Fifth how to set and what would change with it besides smart comments about it's demise. Here is a link to-->
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/182470839634Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

IMG_2477.PNG IMG_2478.PNG IMG_2479.PNG

2. arcadelt Mar 5, 2017

It's not a very scientific approach on my part, but searching Google images with that model name and number shows a few other examples like it. All are on eBay, but none on sites like Chrono24, or any of the watch forums. As I said, not particularly scientific. As for why a seller would fake one, well that would be to make US$82, which is still a lot of money to some people in some countries.

3. AveConscientia Mar 5, 2017

So nay?

4. arcadelt Mar 5, 2017

A possible nay, but I'm no expert. However, there are plenty around here who are and they will probably chime in when they get up and about in the next few hours.

5. lillatroll Mar 5, 2017

Do you like the watch or did you just buy it because it's an omega watch? If you don't like it then it's a waste of 82 dollars. To be honest it looks a bit rough. The dial has seen better days and the case is jaded. For a tool watch this adds to its attractiveness, for a dress watch it is not so attractive. If you have any way of not buying this watch then try to do it. With a bit more saving you could buy a nicer watch than this one.

Davidt likes this.
  6. Davidt Mar 5, 2017

What do you think of it?

Personally I'd rather have one nice watch than five examples like this but it's up to you.

tyrantlizardrex, DLT222 and Syrte like this.
  7. AveConscientia Mar 5, 2017

I am not sure either way I like it but your thoughts on condition interest me

8. AveConscientia Mar 5, 2017

Impossible to find anything else on it still all I can find is that eBay auction

9. lillatroll Mar 5, 2017

If you look closely at the dial you can see discolouration around the dial. This could be due to water damage or being left in the sun. More worryingly, if you look at the number 4 indicices you can see that at least one of the squares is missing. That does not happen easily. This watch does not appear to have been looked after very well. If the movement is damaged then it will require a lot more than 82 dollars to put it right. If that is the case then it is a waste of money. Does it even work?

10. AveConscientia Mar 5, 2017

IMG_2480.PNG
    I could not retract a bid, but it does work

Edited Mar 5, 2017
  11. cristos71 Mar 5, 2017

As well as the dial damage already mentioned the hands also look too short.

12. ErikR Mar 5, 2017

Lokk at "quarts" on the dial. Does not look to be inline with texture on dial. Lover part of Q is higher than lower part of Z. Id say redial at best.

13. lillatroll Mar 5, 2017

The Swiss is missing it's I. If they don't say it is refinished then that might be enough to get a refund.

14. AveConscientia Mar 5, 2017

You think so? They did not mention it as a redial so how do I go about a refund I still have not paid

15. marturx Mar 5, 2017

82$

That's like 10 lunches.

I would rather take them, than that watch.

But that's just me.

And I'm infamous for being blunt.

Now @Canuck will chime in, to tell you what kind of moran I am :D

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  16. AveConscientia Mar 5, 2017

Hmm what to do

17. AveConscientia Mar 5, 2017

What should I do?

18. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 5, 2017

Meet the conditions of the contract you entered into when you bid on the watch.

The seller provided clear photographs as the description of the watch so you will find it hard to claim not as described.

The fact that the watch is coming from Pakistan where I suspect Swiss trained watchmakers are thin on the ground would have been a red light to me (no slight intended to Pakistan) and the fact that it's an old quartz watch would have been the final nail in the coffin.

Buyer's remorse is not an excuse to stiff anybody.

19. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Mar 5, 2017

20. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Mar 5, 2017

Looks ok to me. Condition is less than average but that's what you get for $82.

As for what to do if you have already committed to buy...you could go through with the purchase or back out of the deal. The latter would result in an unhappy seller and probably an unpaid strike on your account.

Davidt, X350 XJR and efauser like this.