Forums Latest Members
  1. tomvox1 Oct 4, 2016

Thought I would post this recent acquisition here as this is probably one of the few places on the web where people would actually appreciate it! ;)

I'm usually not much for gold plated watches but when I ran into this beautiful C-shape Connie I was smitten...

PGCapConnie-1 copy.jpg

This one is pink gold plated and represents beautifully on the wrist, having its original matching "brick" bracelet...

PGCapConnie-wrst copy.jpg

A relatively early C-shape, this one dates from circa 1966 and still has the great non-quickset cal. 561 under the hood. It's a 168.017 model reference with a fairly rare "CE" prefix denoting the pink plating (I believe) in a KB manufactured case...

PGCapConnie-innrbk copy.jpg

All the furniture on the non-luminous dial is pink accented and so is the Observatory medallion on the back. In fact, even the inner crystal retaining ring is pink!

PGCapConnie-bk copy.jpg

Unlike a lot of collectors, I'm a big fan of the C-shape design -- I like the IWC Yacht Master, I like the big automatic Heuer Carrera and I like these little Omega Connies, as well. For me, finding a watch like this is proof that even today with a very hot vintage watch market you don't have to always spend a lot of money to get something genuinely uncommon that makes you happy as a clam. :D
    All the best,
    Tom

pitpro, nlogax, Larry S and 18 others like this.
  2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 4, 2016

Nice looker Tom, you don't see many of these in pink. Here is mine in SS. 168.0017.jpg

3. micampe Oct 4, 2016

C-connies are cool, hello from his brother. Jealous of that bracelet.

FullSizeRender 5.jpg

nlogax, Dero13, Gavin and 6 others like this.
  4. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Oct 4, 2016

Nice pickup Tom. NYC find? :)

5. tomvox1 Oct 4, 2016

Thank you, sir!
    Yours is a beauty. My wife has the steel one in the family (with very rare blue degradé dial) so now we are his & hers. Although she may just yank this one off my wrist, as well. ;)
    Best regards,
    Tom

6. tomvox1 Oct 4, 2016

Very nice! I bet the coin edge bezel has a different reference, too. Nice lume dial & hands as well! :thumbsup:
    Best,
    T.

7. tomvox1 Oct 4, 2016

Thanks, Kyle. And... I'll never tell! :D
    All the best,
    Tom

8. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 4, 2016

Thank you, Sir!
    I will say that I worn this one for high Tea at the Ritz and felt absolutely smashing.:thumbsup:

9. micampe Oct 4, 2016

Thanks Tom! Yes, the knurled bezel is 168.027. I like the lumed hands, even if the markers paint is a little worn.

10. ossfm Oct 4, 2016

That is a nice medallion! You don't find them often with the texture still visible in the sky. That seems to be the first part worn off. Very nice. I like that brick bracelet too.

11. tomvox1 Oct 5, 2016

Thanks and yes, that texture on the medallion is cool to find. You remind me to put a sticker on the back forthwith! ;)
    Best,
    T.

12. soybeanwatch Oct 6, 2016

I would wear that everyday!! Like evvvvvverydaaaaaaay =)

13. Canuck Oct 6, 2016

Rose gold plated, or rose gold shell? Looks like rose gold shell to me. Either way, nice!

14. tomvox1 Oct 6, 2016

Thanks!
    To be honest, I'm always a bit at sea when it comes to the terms "gold-plated," "gold-filled," "rolled gold," or "gold shell." Usually I'll just use "gold cap" as a catch-all, so I guess I was a bit sloppy in my enthusiasm.
    Whichever is the thicker one over steel and not base metal is this kind. ;)
    Oh, and maybe the bezel is actually solid on these, as well???
    Sorry for the confusion and not being more specific! :)
    Best,
    T.

15. tomvox1 Oct 6, 2016

Thanks and cheers, mate! :thumbsup:
    Best,
    T.