Forums Latest Members

a dresser find....in my own dresser

1. zinengineer May 29, 2019

working on cleaning out "stuff" in preparation for a potential move...boxes in the garage, years worth of tax papers, closet stuff to Goodwill, and now working on my dresser. Stuffed way back in a top drawer is a watch given to me by my (then) girl friend, now wife...somewhere in '75 or '76 we estimate. Replaced upon our wedding by a then (very cool) Seiko quartz watch and destined to the top drawer. Fast forward to a few months ago, and I rediscovered this watch. Opened it up, and lo and behold it's a "mechanical" watch. Ditched the expanding metal band, send to get serviced (with the note....NO polishing the case, NO messing with the dial/hands) and now I've got a "vintage" watch for everyday use. I know that the Caravelle line was Bulova's "low end" at the time, but I'm guessing we'll never see a watch from "West Germany" any more.

Anyway, I'm happy.....roughly 35mm w/o crown and is keeping good time (post service) and works for a daily beater IMG_1620.JPG p%0XgEopQ8yu2YWn7cAS%g.jpg j5ocFcqtSXGpt+mMNdQfUQ.jpg tnlTCmDpSLqJvn%Bl2DNvA.jpg lTAe1s7EQduuGgJzLgV7CQ.jpg

2. Dan S May 29, 2019

"N6" indicates 1976, so you're right about the date. As you probably know, it's chrome-plated, so don't beat it too hard. I like the blue accents.

3. zinengineer May 29, 2019

yea, the chrome is just about worn off the crown. I too like the blue accents; in the sunlight get a bit of starburst effect with the dial too

4. 64Wing May 30, 2019

Would be neat to re-gift it to her on your anniversary!