A couple ?s on this is cal. T17

Greetings to all, and thanks for letting me post here. After educating myself with ConElPueblo’s excellent ‘Learn to Fish’ thread, I’m not trusting myself enough not to get a learned opinion or two on a 1939 caliber T17 I’m considering. Would really appreciate your thoughts here.

1. Did all T17 movements originally have a dust cover?

2. How about the quality of the refinishing on this dial? I’m also wondering if Omega ever made these T17s with original black dials?

I’m sorry, it doesn’t appear my photo uploads have been successful

O4YN5jN

tNx6pYq

tNx6pYq

S7BxNuU

Rather than use coding

just post the link. Copy and paste and see what happens

I think that everyone will immediately recognize it as a refinished dial.

I think that everyone will immediately recognize it as a refinished dial.
Than you Dan. I think I’m learning that black rectangular watches from this period are far less common than satin/white dials. Unfortunately I’m convinced I want a black dial, rectangular. If such Omegas from the period are rare, perhaps I should look for other brands? Maybe Longines or something like that?

Maybe just stay open-minded about the brand. I recently found this one, it's in a Schmitz-Freres clamshell case. Black dials will often be gilt.

IMG_6054.jpeg

Like 1
Maybe just stay open-minded about the brand. I recently found this one, it's in a Schmitz-Freres clamshell case. Black dials will often be gilt.

IMG_6054.jpeg
That’s pretty! Thanks Dan