Forums Latest Members
  1. seamonster Respectable Member Jan 17, 2013

Respectable Members

This friend of mine happened to visit a reputable antique-shop and there was on display in the shop-window, an attractive 18k white gold Constellation 'C' with factory-diamond bezel. It was falling in love at first sight with the displayed watch. After some while of negotiations, the store owner showed to him another 18k white gold Constellation 'C' but without diamonds, apparently not that expensive. My friend preferred the one with a diamond bezel and after several days, he finally bought it.

He wore the watch home. There were strong objections which he expected. However, over a period of time, the watch became his and hers. The sparkling diamond-bezel attracts the better-half, naturally. Slowly, my poor friend lost the watch altogether, to her.

On the quiet, he went to see the antique-shop dealer again, to pick up another but this one comes without a diamond-bezel. There are now two, one for him and another for her. Both parties are happy, till she realized she needed a diamond ring in white gold to go with the watch. She has now asked him to sell his watch and go back to the sharing of the one with the diamond-bezel.

It is a classic case of back-flip and now my friend is scratching his head. He has to sell his watch, so as not to get involved in a 'civil war'. Apparently I have been informed for some strange reason, the Constellation 'C' is not a desirable watch, amongst collectors. How true is this?

Thank-you. AB C .JPG

2. hendra324 dealer who would rather use aftermarket parts Jan 18, 2013

wow...cool..
    what caliber is it?

3. seamonster Respectable Member Jan 18, 2013

Respectable Member hendra324

Appreciated.

It is model reference 168.009 and it comes with movement caliber 564.

Thank-you.

4. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jan 18, 2013

I know a collector who specialized only in Connie C case. I think it is less because of the case but rather the dial is plain. No pie pan, arrow head, cross hair or small second variation.

5. Dablitzer Jan 18, 2013

Something deep down tells me this will become more sought after, especially pristine examples. The textured dial variations of these can be nice. I have a 14k with gold texture dial and it looks really classy on the wrist! :)

6. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jan 18, 2013

I do like them, just not as much as pie pans. Ine thing that bugs me about most of them is the stick hands. Don't like them.

7. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jan 18, 2013

Agreed but wanted to qualify NO connie came with a subseconds movement - they all had center seconds automatic movements. That's why subseconds chronometre vintage omegas are quite uncommon - restricted to the centenary watches (ref. 2499 and 2500) and the watches (usually seamaster) with the cal. 333 and 343 movements (which mere made only in small quantities).

8. ulackfocus Jan 18, 2013

This is wrong and I'd flat out tell her that I was NOT going to sell my watch. She "needs" a diamond ring to match the watch but he can't have one all to himself? If he allows her to bully him like that he should turn in his private parts and have his man card revoked.

MKelley likes this.
  9. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Jan 18, 2013

The problem is that the ladies control 100% of the world's supply of lady-parts.

10. ulackfocus Jan 18, 2013

Yes, they do - but there isn't only 1 woman in the world. :p

11. tomvox1 Jan 18, 2013

While it is true that "C" Connies are not as sought after as Pie Pans in general (in my experience, at least), a white gold version is a bird of a different feather.
    And if anything, a plain bezel would enhance the value of your friend's example (or at least broaden the pool of likely buyers), as diamonds are not everyone's cup of tea.
    Best,
    T.

T5AUS likes this.
  12. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Jan 18, 2013

Com'n mods where is the ""Big Foot" emoticon ? good friend of seamonster really needs to put his down.

13. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jan 18, 2013

Or the whipped emoticon?

14. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Jan 18, 2013

:thumbsup:

15. pknopp Jan 18, 2013

I can honestly say that my wife would never ask me to do this.

16. ulackfocus Jan 18, 2013

Same here. Windy might ask to wear one of my watches occasionally, or even ask me to find a similar lady's version of one of my watches for her, but she'd NEVER EVER force me to do anything like that.

17. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 18, 2013

Of course she wouldn't:whistling:

moving-spiral-illusion.gif

18. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Jan 18, 2013

Other half wears this 24/7, often says if you want to sell it on you go.
    [​IMG]
    Not brave or foolish enough to try :(

19. seamonster Respectable Member Jan 18, 2013

Respectable Member Privateday7

Compared to the pie-pan Constellations, the price of the 'C' is still within the reach of many enthusiasts. I think, sooner or later the price of all Constellations will appreciate, as long as, they are kept in their original and untouched condition.

Thank-you.

20. seamonster Respectable Member Jan 18, 2013

Respectable Member Dablitzer

Sooner or later, all Constellations will be sought-after. Of course, some will more desirable than others. While the 'C' is not as pretty as the pie-pans, it is not really an ugly watch to wear or keep.

Thank-you.