Forums Latest Members
  1. w154 Feb 26, 2016

I realise that I have dived straight in with questions, and as a newbie I should really make a bit if an effort to introduce myself ! Since my teens I have always been very interested in mechanical watches, and started with a Seiko 5 which I remember well but think went missing at university. With my first job I saved and bought an IWC mark XV which is still one if my go-to watches. That was around the turn of the millennium, and since then I have settled into collecting vintage chronographs and divers, and where possible military issued pieces. I love a bargain (who doesn't), and when time permits I can spend hours scouting the web for deals. I have a soft spot for vintage Heuer Carreras, but also Omega has sentimental meaning as my fathers daily wearer was a Geneve, which I think he bought when he graduated which would have been 1965. He's still around but last year it gave up the ghost so it sits in my drawer whilst I search for a reverser wheel for it. He already bought a modern co-axial replacement as he knows how slow I can be...

Other than that I have a Dynamic mark III, an old 2328 with radial dial that I picked up a few years ago, and a Speedy Solar Impulse that is great, but was really only bought because it was being offered at a very fair price. I feel a much stronger connection to the vintage Speedy Professionals from the sixties, and maybe when I learn a lot more I will go on the hunt for one. Anyway, here are some pictures of the aforementioned bits and pieces...

Oh, and my name is David !

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    ahartfie, GregH and ConElPueblo like this.
  2. w154 Feb 26, 2016

From looking at the SN on the Geneve it seems to be 1970/71, so maybe not a graduation gift. He did a PHD after... but I don't think he was so work-shy that he dragged it out for six years :)

3. jimdgreat1 Feb 26, 2016

Welcome to the forum.