Forums Latest Members
  1. M'Bob Jan 11, 2015

I must be missing something (aside from a few loose screws...in case the wife started to chime in): The new YG Tresor lists at $13,800. The enamel dial version, limited to 88 pieces, is $17,900, no discount available. Let's say a dealer gives you 20% off the first; that means the dial accounts for about $6,800+. Aside from the limited edition marking on the back, is there any justification for this? Are there any other differences? I mean, I love Omega and all, but you can knock down a Patek enamel dial ref. 5115J and still have money left over for an insanely extravagant weekend.

M'Bob.

2. Shem Jan 11, 2015

As far as I can tell, there's absolutely no correlation between watch pricing and anything else, including what's in the watch. I suppose you could say the same about luxury goods in general.

M'Bob likes this.
  3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 12, 2015

Well the dial is $4500 (regular model is $875), so not quite $6800, but there is a premium for the dial certainly. Vitreous enamel dials are notoriously expensive to produce due to the high failure rate in production.

Also, as noted the price of something is often unrelated to it's cost.

Cheers, Al

M'Bob likes this.
  4. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jan 12, 2015

Trying to be a veblen good.

M'Bob likes this.