Forums Latest Members
  1. guaranteed.rohu Sep 29, 2018

superfly likes this.
  2. alam Sep 29, 2018

3. SeanO Sep 29, 2018

if this is the Citizen with the new movement (0100) that is more accurate than the VFA GS movement then it might be worth a look.

as with most Japanese watches they're very understated and you don't get a true impression until you can get one on your wrist.

I like it. I don't know if it's 2.9k worth of like, but I like it.

4. guaranteed.rohu Sep 29, 2018

totally agree - grand seiko doesnt photograph anywhere near as well as it presents in person in the metal.

5. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Sep 29, 2018

I must admit that something about this watch inspires me...

In the boutique glow,
    Citizen awaits my coins.
    No, tick tock, never.

Edited Sep 29, 2018
  6. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Sep 29, 2018

I have no doubt that this is a very fine watch. Oh, and don't tell anyone, but there are many interesting and excellent vintage mechanical Citizen, as well.

Larry S likes this.
  7. stockae92 Apr 3, 2019

Most "watch guys" hates quartz for one reason or another. But I am one of the people that "graduates" from mechanical to quartz, especially HAQ.

I still have and appreciate both, but HAQ find their ways on my wrist way more often. To name a few, Omega X-33 with 1666C movement, Z-33, Grand Seiko 9F, and this one, the Citizen Chronomaster AB9000.

On paper, the spec is impressive, just to recap, its +/- 5 sec per year, perpetual calendar, jump hour hand adjustment (great for DST), 5 yr battery life. This one has push-pull crown, which for a dress watch is completely acceptable in my book. To put it in context, during the whole life span of the battery, I only needs to put the crown down to adjust the watch 10 times for DST, without stopping the second hand, and the max deviation would be + / - 25 seconds.

Given this is the "entry level" / more simple offering of the Citizen Chronomaster, the case and bracelet lacks the complexity of upper tier Grand Seiko. But The Citizen doesn't lack in the quality of finish against the same price segment offering from Grand Seiko, especially the dial, indice and hands finish.

I would love to see Citizen create Chronomaster with more complex case to really complete with Grand Seiko.

[​IMG]

starcraft and mario linus like this.