Forums Latest Members
  1. sharcy01 Dec 8, 2019

Hello,
    This is my first post on this forum so please forgive me if I lack some of the proper protocol or etiquette.

I'm hoping someone here can enlighten me about a 90s Speedmaster Date that I came across. I'm a fan of many of the 90s Speedmaster Dates - even if the movements aren't Omega's best and they are very different from the traditional Speedmasters - there's something about these watches that I find really beautiful.

I found this Youtube video with a watch I find really interesting:

What I find really interesting about this watch is that it is the only reverse panda 90s Speedmaster that I have seen that doesn't have small minute numbers on the end of each of the 5 minute stick markers (5, 10, 15.. etc..). I find it much cleaner and more elegant without the numbers on them. The 5 minute stick markers also seem to NOT have lume on them - which is also nice since the ones with lume tend to look yellow.

There are a ton of other references that have bigger subdials and chromed 5 minute markers that are cut off by the subdials. These versions don't have numbers written on the end of the stick markers, but I prefer the smaller subdials.

Does anyone know anything about this watch? I can't find any other sign of this configuration anywhere else and if I search the references that are listed on the video, they aren't the same.

I'm wondering if maybe this is not an original dial?

If anyone knows anything about this I would be grateful to know more about it.
    Thanks very much.

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 8, 2019

Nothing wrong about eta 7750 based movements.

what would you like to know?

3. sharcy01 Dec 8, 2019

Hey Foo2rama,
    I'm wondering how I can search for this version of the watch on the used market. If I search using the references given in the description, I only come up with dials that have numbers on the ends of the 5 minute markers. Maybe there is some extra search terms I can use - or a more precise reference number for this particular version. thanks!

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 8, 2019

It has a few reference numbers as it was out when they switched formats.

3511.50.00 is one for sure and the later reference number
    The other 2 are in the title of the youtube video you posted. 175.0043 (might just be the case number) 375.0043 is the other reference number although it might be shared with other dials.
    There also appear to have both tritium and luminova lume. Tritium will age to a nice cream it appears, and the luminova still works as lume. Its a personal preference on these.

FYI there is one for sale on amazon right now for not a horrible price at all. It appears to be a later Luminova one, with tritium being earlier production.

https://amzn.to/2YrqTRo

Lotus_Eater8815 likes this.
  5. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Dec 8, 2019

If your're looking, I may know someone with one to sell.

6. ConElPueblo Dec 9, 2019

You should try the Valjoux version then, I hear it's even better!

:D

Foo2rama, efauser and OMEGuy like this.
  7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 9, 2019

Actually the ETA versions are much better typically. Higher jewel count, ETACHRON system, generally better balances and balance springs...

03Hemi likes this.