Forums Latest Members
  1. trez Nov 26, 2012

I keep seeing ads for a new brand "88 Rue du Rhone" which is advertised as entry-level swiss luxury timepieces. I believe they are related to the Raymond Weil brand. Does anyone have any thoughts and/or information regarding this brand? They have some handsome looking watches but do not want to burn money on an inferior product.
    http://88rdr.com/en/

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 26, 2012

Looks to be a purveyor of cheap, but over priced quartz watches. A lot of hype to go with them

3. ulackfocus Nov 26, 2012

[sarcasm]

Oh, glory be! There's a store selling them in the Deptford Mall right around the corner from my house! I'm going to grab the camera and take pictures of all my vintage Omegas to sell them off so I can buy these battery powered assaults on horology!

[/sarcasm]

:rolleyes:

4. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Nov 28, 2012

Clever brand name choice .......... Swiss/French name with 88 symbolic numeral. They must already have a plan to enter China in the future.

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 29, 2012

Was about to mention just that lol, lucky swiss watches...

Same money as this you can buy an Omega Seamaster automatic full rotor from the 60s. Who would buy this crap lol

6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 29, 2012

They even state that openly in the advertizing. Calling them "very lucky" and using names like the Lucky Lady for models. Seems rather exploitative and culturalist.